Chapter fourteen

August 10.

"Happy Birthday to me.." Mumbled Olivia to herself as she stood up out of her bed. "Already sixteen huh?  time flies..." It was normal for Olivia to be a little sad on her birthday, it was the day she normally got to spend with her family and friends but for now it was a day to spend without Cedric, her parents and her friends.. Of course she had him but it was different this year.

Normally her friends would visit the diggory's house on her birthday, but they didn't even try to respond to her, leave alone think about her birthday.. Olivia decided to not make many plans today, she wanted to spend time with Draco but she was sure he would act differently again since his parents decided to work more home often..

Mr and Mrs Malfoy haven't left the house since the death eaters came to visit for something, or rather someone but Olivia wasn't sure who it was and why they were looking for it. Not that Mr and Mrs Malfoy would bother her inside of the big manor, they only came out of their office at dinner time or when there was an emergency.

"Olivia, you in there?" It was Draco who knocked on the door of Olivia's room hastily. "Liv? are you alright?" She heard the little panic in his voice as he spoke. "Do i need to come in? I heard a loud bang and something that sounded like glass hitting the ground!"

Olivia looked at the floor where indeed something had hit the ground, it was a dark brown flower pot which has probably fall off the windowsill as she was deep in her thoughts.

"Uh yeah, dont worry im fine." Olivia started to pick some shards of glass from the ground as she heard the unlocking of her door. "I-i what happened?" Draco stood in nothing more than a white towel wrapped around his waist as he'd just gotten out of the shower. "I think I was a little to deep in my thoughts as i kicked the flowerpot off of the windowsill.." Olivia gave the boy a smile.

"You are really clumbsy." He snickered as he started to help Olivia with picking the shards of glass from the ground. "Did you sleep well?" As the boy spoke he tilted his head a little to look at Olivia whose gaze was still focused on the ground.

"yeah i did, you?" Her blue eyes met his grey ones as he gave her a wide smile, it almost looked as if he was blushing until he fastly turned his head away. "Yeah, pretty well."

Olivia watched him as he focused back on cleaning the floor, his white towel hanging on for dear life. She didn't know she was staring until a voice broke her from her thoughts. "You know my eyes are up here do you?" Draco snickered as Olivias face turned bright red.

"very funny Malfoy!" She gave him a playful push to his shoulders as she continued with cleaning. The silence between the two wasn't awkward, it was peaceful, as if they had been friends already for a long time.

"Dammit." Olivia mumbled as a drop of blood landed on the floor before her. She felt the cold fingers of the boy grabbing her wrist carefully. "What happened?" He stood up taking Olivia's hand with him which caused her to stand before him. "Oh that's no big deal, I can handle it." She spoke as she saw the few pieces of glass being stuck in her hand. The boy immediately shaked his head and took Olivia out of her room leading her into the long hallway.

"wait where are you going?" Draco turned his head at Olivia who looked confused at him. "I'm taking you to my room for a band." With that he turned his head away again, pulling at Olivia her arm gently, not even giving her a chance to say no.

"Wait, did I fall asleep here last night?" Olivia pointed to the large bed. "Yes, but not the whole night. I thought my father wouldn't approve you sleeping here so when you were asleep i carried you to your own room." He gave Olivia a smile which made her smile too. What happened to the Draco she only met a few weeks ago? Not that she complained, it felt safe being around him.

The boy pointed to the bed as he walked into his bathroom. Olivia took a seat, watching the beautiful view he had from out of his window right into the big garden. His room was not very special but it was quite cozy. His satin green sheets and pillows filled the massive bed as his dark brown desk stood against the wall, filled with all kinds of books and papers.

"Found it! Can you come here, then can I help you pull the glass out." She saw the boy standing in the door frame of his bathroom. He had changed his towel for normal black pants but still wasn't wearing any shirt or sweater. Olivia gave him a simple nod as she walked into the bathroom.

"This is gonna hurt a bit." Draco watched Olivia as she was now sitting on the sink before him. "I think i can handle it-" Olivia let out a painful scream as the boy pulled out the few shards of glass in her hand. He didn't hesitate for a second as he pulled her in for a hug. "I know it hurts, I'm sorry." She felt his hot breath on her shoulder, his long arms now totally embracing her.

Like he really cared about her.

__

It was around 3pm as Olivia was sitting in her room again. The weather was still perfect and the few hours she had spent with Draco today had let her totally forget about that he still didn't know it was her birthday.. Maybe it was better this way, she didn't even know for sure how they celebrated their birthdays in this house.. or if they even celebrated those days.

Because of the good weather she decided to go outside and draw for a bit. The day she had talked with Draco on the little bench in the garden had brought her the idea to draw the place, the large tree behind the bench created a beautiful shadow on the many flowers which stood around it and it was of course a place with memories.

Olivia grabbed a few pencils and a paper as she was now walking in one of the hallways that leaded to the garden.

After a few minutes she heard soft footsteps coming from the direction of the manor and the happy voice of Draco who stood a few feet away looking at Olivia who was sitting in the long grass between some flowers. "whatcha doing?" the boy came walking a few steps closer until he settled down on the bench before her. "No wait! don't sit there i'm drawing the place!" He gave a snicker at her comment.

"You draw?" Draco stood up from the bench and settled next to Olivia in the grass. "Yes, but unfortunately i'm not very good." Olivia showed the sketch of the tree and the little bench as the boy snached it out of her hands.

"Hey! what are you doing, give it back i'm not finished yet!" He gave a chuckle as he quickly stood up and walked away with the drawing causing Olivia to stand up and ran after him.

"It's beautiful Liv, don't be so hard on yourself!"

The boy stopped running as he was out of breath looking at Olivia who appeared a few seconds later now standing before him. "Can i finish it?" Olivia tried to snatch the paper back out of his hands but he was faster, holding the paper in his hand over his head so she couldn't reach it. "Never noticed that you were this small." He gave her a challenging look, his grey eyes never leaving her blue ones as he talked.

"Ah thanks didn't know that yet." Olivia gave him a soft push to his shoulder causing him to walk a few steps back as she smiled widely at him. The boy was now standing against a tree not far from the manor as he looked nervously at her. He tucked Olivia's drawing carefully in his pocket as he cupped her face into his hands. 

"It's actually really cute."

Before she knew his lips met hers. He kissed her without any warning, without permission, without even thinking if he really wanted to do this. His soft lips felt warm on hers, it felt like there were more than a hundred butterflies dancing inside of her stomach. It felt simply amazing. He needed that breath she was holding, it belonged to him and only him. It was like they were made for each other.