Chapter 19. Like I Know You

[a/n]: here's a simple, cute, lil chapter for you all c; I was just in a great mood and wanted to make this for you all, so here you are xx

Chapter 19. Like I Know You

                I awake to the sounds of birds singing quite the tune, and the bright, warm sun shining down upon my face. Opening my eyes, the first thing that I see is the roof of the truck, until fixating my gaze across from me to observe Jasper's sleeping figure.

His head is hanging to the side lazily and his right arm is hanging off of the seat while his left arm is cuddled close to his chest. His legs are still close to my own, keeping the rather warm and comfortable. My stomach growls, reminding me I haven't had food in at least twelve hours.

"Jasper." I nudge my leg against his and he stirs awake.

"Huh, what?" he mumbles restlessly.

"Is there any food around?" I groggily inquire and cuddle further down into the heavy blanket.

"I think there's a breakfast and lunch place near here that's open until two o'clock." he says in his raspy morning voice.

"We should go there, I'm hungry.." I slowly close my eyes, just to rest them, of course.

"Yeah, sure.." Jasper's voice fades.

And thus begins an hour nap, until we actually decide to do something about our decision.

-

Once the waitress takes our order and leaves our booth, Jasper fixes his gaze onto me. His foot under the table rests beside my own, and the simple action makes me smile.

"You like pancakes better than waffles?" he raises a questionable eyebrow and I laugh.

"You gotta problem with that, buddy?" I reply in a mock-menacing way.

He holds his hands up in surrender. "Wow, easy. I don't mean any trouble, I swear."

I laugh in response. "So, how long before LA?"

"About a day and a half." he estimates.

I groan. "Is it too much to ask for-"

"Here are your waffles and pancakes." The waitress approaches us with our food in hand.

"Oh, that was quick. Thank you, Ma'am." Jasper grins and the lady smiles kindly, then leaves us be.

Diving my fork into my pancake, I begin to cut a slice for myself, but Jasper quickly places his own fork into the pancake to stop me from raising the food to my mouth. Peering over at Jasper, I furrow my brows in confusion.

"What?" I quiz.

"You cannot eat that without even trying these waffles first." he insists.

"You've had these exact waffles before?" I question.

"I came here once when I was fifteen and had some of their famous waffles. They are phenomenal and you will never look back at pancakes after you try these."

"Okay, if these waffles made such an imprint on you, then I guess I'll try them." I shrug.

He grins in triumph, cutting a small bit of waffle up and hands me his fork, but not before dipping it some some maple syrup. Taking the utensil from his grasp, I take a bite of the breakfast food and swallow the delicious goodness.

"This is the most amazing thing I have ever tasted." I murmur and reluctantly hand him his fork back.

He smirks. "What did I tell you?"