Chapter 17

~Nichole~

Craig rushed into the room after taking a call, "Guys, Lexi has gone missing!"

"Again?" Quirk asked as we all stood up.

Craig sighed, "Yup, the station doesn't think it's anything, considering that we still have Jason in custody."

"Well imagine what the parents feel," I said.

Joey, our bomb specialist, snorted, "They aren't her real parents."

"They're the closest thing he has, and she is the closest thing they have for a daughter," I defended them.

"Nichole is right," Chloe spoke up, "They are as close to family that either have got."

We all exchanged looks and all sat back down, discussing on where she could have gone.

~Lexi~

I took the long way to my house, wanting all the time alone to think.

When I was about half way home it started to down poor. I just kept walking, enjoying the comfort of the rain.

My phone was vibrating with calls probably from my 'parents' wondering where I was.

I answered one from my mom's cell, "Hello."

"Lexi! Where are you!?"

"On my way home, I'm just fine, stop worrying."

I hung up, not wanting to hear more of her. They were going to put me on a leash now.

I sighed, and continued on. My phone was waterproof so it was just fine, I was on an older road that wasn't used to much.

I took a deep breath and started dancing as I went down the street, leaping, jumping, and twirling, but always moving forward.