Chapter 11

I just wanted to take a little time to say somethings. If you like this book so far, give me feedback, and ideas. Same if you don't like it, give me ideas to make it better. Also, tell your friends about this book if you think they'd like it. It would only mean more feedback, which would mean a better story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nichole~

As I walked into the hospital, I noticed there was a creepy air to the place. No one was there, except the lady at the desk, and it was oddly quiet.

I walked up to the women, "Excuse me, but I'm here to see Lexi..." It just came to me that I didn't know Lexi's last name.

"Lexi who?" she asked.

"I don't know her last name."

"Only relatives and friends are aloud to visit patients."

I sighed, then pulled out my badge, "Lexi got shot in the shoulder, got cords ripped out of her arm, and was unconscious when she arrived here."

She rolled her eyes but gave me the room number and floor, "4th floor, room 49."

"Thank you." I walked away and left her all alone as she continued her work.

I hopped in the elevator and pressed the button that had a silver four on it. I waited until I heard a beep and the doors opened.

As I walked down the hallway I looked at each door, not finding number 49.

Then I realized I had gone the wrong way, and turned around to continue on the opposite way.

I eventually found room 49 and knocked. "Come in."

As I opened the door, I saw Lexi sitting on the edge of her bed, looking out at the stars.

I noticed she wasn't hooked up to any machines, but before I could say anything, she said, "Before you go jumping to conclusions, I'm allowed to not be hooked up to anything."

"How did you know I was going to ask that?"

She turned around from the window, "When you grew up like me, you spend a lot of time thinking on people's first reactions to their surroundings."

I was puzzled by that, grew up like her? What was that supposed to mean? I just ignored it and sat on the bed next to her.

She had turned back to the window, and was gazing at the stars again. "Thank you," I told her.

She snorted and crinkled her nose, "For what?"

"Saving my life," I told her.

"You do realize that if I wasn't there your life wouldn't have been in danger."

I smiled, "Yeah it would have, I'm a cop. My life is always in danger."

"But it was more than usual, more than you know."

She looked like she was going to say more, but she stopped.

"Make a wish," Lexi closed her eyes and opened them a few seconds later.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"It's 11:11, it's said that if you make a wish at 11:11 that it comes true."

I turned to the clock and it truly was, already, 11:11 pm.

When I looked back at Lexi, I noticed she was wearing normal clothes instead of the hospital gowns they would make the patients wear.

"Why aren't you wearing a hospital gown?" I questioned her.

She rolled her eyes at me, "I've been dismissed, no longer needed to wear one."

"Really?"

"No, I'm just lying to a cop, which I believe is illegal."

I nodded my head and turned to her, just in time to see a reflection in the window. Lexi must have seen it to because she stiffened and dropped down behind the bed.

She grabbed my hand so I came down with her. "You guys never caught him?" She whispered to me.

"No, I thought you knew." I replied.

She slowly shook her head as I heard the sound of a gun being loaded. My head turned to the sound to see Jason walking around the bed, aiming the gun at me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Lexi~

Oh my god! They never caught him! And he's in my hospital room!

My mind was a blur until I heard a gun being loaded. I saw Jason walk around the bed, and aim the gun at Nichole.

I had learned her name when I over heard Craig through her headset after I got shot in the shoulder.

Jason slowly walked around Nichole, and over to me. I backed away as far as possible from him, wishing he would just disappear.

He kept approaching me as I scooted away from him. When he did get over to me, he held out his hand to me, the gun still pointed at Nichole.

"Get up," he commanded me. I quickly should my head no and he repeated himself, "Get up."

"No," I said in a small voice.

"I don't have time for this," he muttered under his breath, grabbed me by the hair, and yanked me up.

I let out a cry, "Shut up!" he shouted in such a harsh tone I went silent immediately.

He was still gripping my hair, and pointing the gun at Nikki, so I didn't dare fight him.

She looked a little bit frightened, but mostly calm.

"You too, get up, now," Jason ordered her. He shoved her into the bathroom and shut the door, putting a chair under the handle.

He seemed to be having trouble, so I crept to the door, and put my hand on the handle.

"Lexi!" he shouted, and gripped my arm, pulling me away from the door. "Why do you keep trying to leave me?" Jason asked, he grip on my arm tightening.

"J-J-J-Jason! Stop it! You're hurting me!" I stuttered out. He immediately loosened his grip on my arm and gave me a sad look.

"I'm sorry, but we have to go."

He pulled me towards the door, and he pulled me out to the hallway. He rushed to the elevator, and pressed the lobby button.

By the time we got to the bottom, Jason had gone from gripping my upper arm to holding my hand - tightly.

As he pulled me out as the doors opened, I heard sirens in the distance.

"Shit!" Jason muttered, pulling me faster towards the doors to the parking lot.

He shoved me in the passenger side of a black mercedes and told me to buckle up.

I know I said that I wasn't going to listen my kidnappers, but this was part of my safety that I could actually sort of control, so I buckled my seatbelt.

***Some amount of driving later***

Jason kept driving until we were at least a few cities away. We were driving down an abandoned road the next time anyone spoke.

"We can be together now Lexi," he said, reaching for my hand. When I pulled it away he frowned, "What's wrong?"

"What do you think?" I replied, my voice filled with venom. "You took me from my home, ended me up in the hospital, took me again, put me in the hospital again, and took me again. Aren't you seeing a pattern here?"

He turned to me, "It's not my fault you ended up in the hospital!"

I gasped and shouted out, "Jason, watch out!" But it was to late.