Chapter 14

~Nichole~

"We found her."

At those words, I was breathless.

They found her.

We were all called back to base, as we had started calling it, to meet up. Our group was the second back, right after Chloe's.

Apparently it was Quirk's group who found her.

The volunteers all started to leave, and we thanked them for all their help.

So far, everyone's group had gotten back, except Quirk's. They had gone the farthest.

Craig, Chloe, Joey, Kevin and I all sat in a circle. We were all awaiting for Quirk to get back.

We all had coffee and were ready to go at any moment.

As we heard footsteps in the near woods, we all looked over.

Lexi came bursting through the branches and leaves which caused one of the step-in officers (an officer who steps in at a moments notice for an injured one) to pull his gun out.

Lexi yelped and slid under one of the police cars, taking refuge.

He quickly put back his gun muttering an apology. I sighed, stepped forward, and lowered myself to the ground.

I rolled under the car to and lied next to Lexi, who had calmed down quite a bit.

"Sorry about that," I said.

"It's fine," she sighed.

"Come on, you need to be checked out and go home."

Lexi rolled her eyes, "Yeah right, home."

With that she rolled out from under and stood up, straightening her shirt.

~Lexi~

I rolled out from under the car, and straightened my shirt. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I tensed, whipping around to face the person.

It was Craig. "Sorry," he said, "I didn't mean to scare you."

I stepped out of the fighting stance I had positioned myself in and shrugged.

"Let's get you home," he suggested.

I sighed, "Home."