Chapter 16

~Lexi~

As I stepped out of the shower, I rushed to my closet. I grabbed some clothes and quickly got changed.

I put my wet hair up into a bun and slipped on my sneakers. I grabbed a hoodie, slipping it on, then hopped out my window.

I had taken the time to find my phone and charge it while I was in the shower. I called Bailey, speed dial #2 right after voicemail.

"Hello?" Bailey answer his phone, sounding sad.

"Bailey?"

He gasped, "Lexi!?"

"Yup," I said.

"Are you okay?"

"Just fine Bailey, just fine."

"Can we meet up? At the cafe?"

"Of corse see you there," I said, hanging up.

When I got there Bailey wasn't there yet. I slid into out usual booth and ordered two mint hot chocolates.

Bailey got there right after the waiter, who had been hitting on me, gave me our drinks.

I slide one over to him and he grabbed my hand.

I yanked it back from the sudden touch and saw hurt spread across his face.

"Sorry Bailey, I keep having weird reactions to things."

"No, its fine, I guess I understand. i didn't know you were found."

"I just recently was," I said.

I gave him a sad smile and took a sip from my hot cocoa, playing with my fingers.

"Lexi?" I looked up, "Where do we stand from all of this?" Bailey asked.

I sighed, "I don't know, I haven't been completely honest with you or anyone else."

"What do you mean?"

"I have this thing where I can remember everything in my past, it's called superior autobiographical memory."

"I was reading about that, you mean, you can remember everything?" Bailey asked.

I nodded.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" he asked.

"I didn't tell anyone-"

"So, I thought I was more than just anyone! Obviously not to you," Bailey suddenly got up and stormed out of the cafe.

I ran after him, but kept my distance, "You never let me finish Bailey!"

He turned around, confusion in his eyes, "So what, you didn't tell me or anyone else, you've been living a lie."

Those words hit me in my heart, was everyone going to react like this? I stopped in my tracks and ran down the sidewalks towards my house.

I heard footsteps after me, "Lexi! I didn't mean that! I'm just upset!" Bailey said, and pulled me into his arms, I stomped on his foot and elbowed him in the gut.

He let go and I ran away again, this time he didn't follow me. Tears were streaming down my face and I ran to my house.

I was defiantly alone in my battle of inner feelings now. Bailey was the only one I could ever open up to more than anyone else.

And now he probably hates me.