Chapter 18

~Lexi~

By the time I got home, there was a cop car parked in the driveway and my parents on the porch with the cop, holding umbrellas.

I rolled my eyes at them, and slowly made my way up to the porch. They noticed me and ran up to hug me.

Once their arms made contact I flinched backwards. Their faces were nothing but sadness and hurt. I went around them, stopped next to the unfamiliar cop.

"You can leave now," I said and made my was into the house, grabbing one of the towels next to the door, and stepping on it.

I curled my toes into it and walked to my room, the towel preventing and water to touch the floor.

I took another shower in my private bathroom. I let the water wash away the mud I was covered in, as I watched the water turn clear again, I grabbed my shampoo and started to scrub my hair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stepped out of the shower, I slipped into some pajamas, the put my hair into a french braid.

I slid under the covers and let sleep over come me.

~Nichole~

I looked down at my phone, just as everyone else did to, a text showed on the screen.

'Lexi was found, she alright.'

"I bet she went off on her own," Chloe sighed.

"Most likely," Craig replied.

I sighed, standing up and stretching, I went over to the changing places, "I'm getting dressed," I told them as I stepped into the locker room.

I put in my combination for my locker and pulled out my clothes. I hopped into a stall and changed out of my SWAT uniform.

I slipped into my sweats and loose tee.

I stepped back out and grabbed my back, walking back out. Everyone looked at me as I stepped out of the room.

"How do you change so fast?"

I just shrugged, turning and walked out the door.

I hopped on the elevator, taking it to the bottom floor. I jumped in my car and drove to the hospital.

I carefully stepped out of my car, gazing up at the tall building, I headed inside.

"Hello, I'm here to see Zack Manter," I said politely to the woman at the front desk.

She quickly gave me the room number and directions to his room.

I eventually found myself in front of his door. I knocked and heard a faint, 'Come in," so I did.