Chapter 17

• NIALL 

Telling Waliyha about me and her brother is going to be very interesting. It's not like she didn't know that Zayn and I were eventually going to get together; it's just weird because she is my ex-girlfriend and Zayn's sister.

"Stop worrying," Zayn soothes.

"I can't!" I groan.

"Why not?"

"I'm fucking paranoid for some reason!"

"Wow. I can't help with that."

"I know what can," I mutter.

"Don't you fucking dare!"

"Says the one who does too."

"I do not want to kill myself!"

I chuckle darkly. "We all do. Trust me."

"What makes you say that?"

"Don't worry."

I get up off Zayn's bed and fist my almost brown hair. Zayn watches me with worry and I just want to hit something right now. Almost instinctively, I turn and punch the wall. Zayn groans and pulls me away from the wall before I do more damage to the innocent wall.

"Calm down, babe," Zayn murmurs.

"I can't, Zee," I whimper. "Why can't I?"

"You aren't trying."

"The fuck I'm not!"

"Niall!"

I pull away from Zayn and almost run out of his room. I go down the stairs quickly and reach the front door to see Harry and Louis cuddling in the lounge room, laughing quietly and just talking. They are so happy and it makes me sad that they get to have what I will never have.

I walk out the front door and close it quietly behind me. I look out at the empty street and sigh, wondering what the fuck I am doing. I stuff my hands in my pockets and start walking, no particular destination in mind.

__________

• LOUIS - HOURS LATER 

Harry, Zayn, Liam, Waliyha, Matt, Josh, Desire, Marcie, Nynke and I have been looking for Niall for hours and have found no sign of him. Well...not that we know of. We split up in groups to find him and, so far, we've had no luck.

Desire and Liam; Waliyha, Matt and Josh; Zayn, Marcie and Nynke; Harry and me. None of us have seen him since he left the house, or before that. He vanished without us noticing and, believe me, that is hard to do.

Harry suddenly sprints away from me and I look after him with shock. He falls down to the ground and I run over to him. I stop dead when I see Niall passed out on the ground in front of him. I crouch down next to him and touch his skin.

"He's ice cold," I gasp.

"Who isn't?" Harry asks. "It's fucking cold."

I shrug off my jacket and put it on Niall, leaving me in just my t-shirt for warmth. I pick him up bridal style and he cuddles up to me instantly, trying to get warm. Harry slips his beanie on Niall's head and covers his ears.

"Good thinking, love," I say.

"Yeah," Harry whispers. "Let's get him back to Zayn's."

"We're not going to make it before the storm hits."

"Whose place is closer?"

"Mine. It's only a few blocks away and nobody is home."

"Lets go then."

I get a good hold on Niall before starting to walk to my house, Harry following close behind. We walk a few blocks before my house comes into view and it starts to rain. I curse and walk faster, trying to reach my house before it starts raining harder.

I toss my keys to Harry and he unlocks my front door. We all get inside and Harry closes the door while I head up to my room. I lay Niall on the bed and get him comfortable. I take my jacket and Harry's beanie off him.

I pull my wet t-shirt over my head and throw it in the basket. I get a dry shirt out of my cupboard and pull it on. I then try to find some clothes that will fit Niall and Harry for them to change into. It then hits me that we'll have to change Niall's clothes for him.

"HARREH!" I shout. "GET UP HERE!"

"COMING, BOO!" Harry yells.

"Quickly!"

He runs into my room. "What's wrong, Boo?"

"We need to change Niall's clothes so he doesn't get sick."

"Really?"

"It's no worse than showering together."

"True."

I slip Niall's shirt over his head and dry his wet torso with a towel before pulling one of white shirts over his head. Harry slowly pulls his pants down and drys his legs before tugging on a pair of jeans that he left here. I take of Niall's shoes and socks, drying his feet before putting a pair of fluffy socks on his feet.

Harry dries Niall's hair and I force a thick jumper over Niall's head. Harry turns the heater on and my bedroom starts to heat up. I change out of my wet pants and throw them into the basket before laying down next to Niall on my bed. Harry changes his wet clothes and lays down on the other side of Niall.

__________

I wake up to someone banging on my front door and Harry yelling for them to go away. I groan and roll out of my bed, stumbling down the stairs. I fling open the door and stop dead when I see who it is. My mouth pops open and I gasp.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I squeak.