Chapter 18

Recap:

I wake up to someone banging on my front door and Harry yelling for them to go away. I groan and roll out of my bed, stumbling down the stairs. I fling open the door and stop dead when I see who it is. My mouth pops open and I gasp.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I squeak.

____________________

• LOUIS 

"We came to visit, Tomlinson," Michael says.

"During winter?" I ask. "Seriously?"

"It's summer!" Calum protests.

Michael slaps him over the head. "We're on the other side of the world you idiot!"

"Ouch!"

Luke rolls his eyes. "They've been like this since we got off the plane."

"I figured," I say. "Come on in, guys."

I open the door wider and they all but run inside. I close the door quickly to stop the rain from coming in and lock it. I walk into the lounge room and see all four of them lounging on one of my couches. I clear my throat and they look at me.

"Really?" I ask. "You're ruining the couch."

Luke jumps up. "I don't have anything wet on."

"That's good."

"Neither does Ash or Mike."

"Calum!" we all groan.

Calum goes red. "Sorry."

"Get off the couch!"

He gets up and stands there awkwardly.

"Jesus Christ!' Michael groans.

Michael drags Calum back to the entry hallway and the rest of us share a look before bursting out in laughter. Harry stumbles down the stairs and stops when he sees all of us standing in the lounge room. Ashton instantly pulls him into a hug and Harry just stands there, still half asleep.

"What's going on?" Harry mumbles.

"We're here!" Ashton exclaims.

"Hey, Ash. What's with the noise?"

"Sorry, love," I say. "We'll be quieter."

"Just go check on Ni."

"Weren't you just up there?"

"He wants you."

"Okay."

I hurry up the stairs and into my room. I see Niall curled up in a ball on my bed and I smile softly at him. I sit on the bed and place my hand on his shoulder. He looks at me and I can see the tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong, love?" I ask.

"Why did I do it?" Niall mumbles.

"Leave Zayn's?"

He flinches slightly.

"I don't know. Nobody does."

"I didn't feel like myself yesterday."

"What did you do?"

"I told Zayn something I shouldn't have."

"What did you tell him?"

"I didn't say it out loud."

"Niall."

"I said I knew what could help."