Chapter 15

• NIALL - DURING DATE 

 Harry and Louis are out, Liam is out with Desire, Waliyha is out with Marcie and Nynke, Safaa is at a friends house, Doniya is out with her boyfriend, Trisha and Yaser are at dinner and Zayn is...somewhere. Me? I am laying on my bed, staring at the blank ceiling.

 "Niall?" Zayn calls. "Anyone?"

 I stay quiet.

 "He must have gone out."

 My door opens and I stay still.

 "Fuck!"

 "Zee?" I ask. "What's going on?"

 "I thought you went out."

 "Nowhere to go."

 "You should have texted me."

 "You were out. It's obvious you had plans."

 "I didn't."

 "Where were you then?"

 "Just doing random things."

 "Like what?"

 "Making sure Haz and Lou don't do any shit that we probably get pinned on me."

 I smile. "That's them for ya."

 "Yeah."

 "You don't have to stand in the doorway."

 "Huh?"

 "You can come in."

 "I'd rather not."

 I sit up. "Right. I forgot."

 He smiles sadly. "Yeah."

 "You want help cleaning your room then?"

 "If you want."

 I get off my bed and follow Zayn to his room. He can't get the door open and I go back to my room. I go through our bathroom and into his room. I ignore all the clothes and go over to the door. I move the fallen bookshelf and the door opens.

 "Thanks, Niall," Zayn says.

 "No problem," I reply. "Now. About this room..."

 We sort out the clothes from rubbish and bottles before throwing them into the washing machine. I then grab a garbage bag and we pick up all the bottles and rubbish, throwing them into a bag. We then fix up all the furniture and put the books on the bookshelf.

 "Take this to the trash," I say. "I'll vacuum."

 "Sir, yes, sir," Zayn mocks.

 I wack him over the back of his head and he walks out of the room, dragging the garbage bag behind him. I get the vacuum and start vacuuming his floor. I meet a pile of clothes and sigh. I move them and yelp suddenly.

 "What happened?" Zayn asks from the door. "What did-"

 "Zayn..." I trail off.

 He looks at the clothes and gulps. I lift the shirt off the top and reveal a stash of alcohol and, even worse, sharp objects. He looks at me and I can see the tears in his eyes. I pull him into a hug and rock him back and forth, his sobs soon subsiding.

 "When was the last time?" I ask.

 "A week ago," Zayn mutters. "I'm trying to stop."

 "It's hard. Isn't it?"

 He nods. "I remember bits of what happened last time you were in here."

 "You wanted to know whether-"