Chapter 27: Back to normal

Chapter 27

Katniss P.O.V.

Peeta can't leave the hospital until his wound has healed and he has his fake leg.

Because the leg is specially made he doesn't have to take it off. He can shower with it, he can take baths with it, he can even swim in lakes and saltwater. That amazed me. I never thought it was possible but it is.

Peeta is going to be able to live his life just as he always had, minus wrestling and the army. He was going to quit the army anyway, but he loves wrestling, and he's not going to be able to do that anymore.

I've been visiting Peeta everyday. But let's face it, I have to take care of the twins and Matty even though Peeta is in the hospital. I haven't brought the kids here to see Peeta. I don't want them to see him without a leg, I don't want them to think he's weak. When Peeta can stand up by himself, is the day he's coming him and they will see him.

I'm doing this partly because Peeta doesn't want them to see him with one leg. He's pretty bummed out because he lost his leg, but he stands by his decision. He said that he would gladly lose his other leg if he had to, to save Finnick.

I love how Peeta is so selfless and always think about his family and friends. He never does anything for himself. I don't know what I think about that though. He has to think about himself as well.

Right now I'm standing in the elevator at the hospital. I'm going to see Peeta today. I may get to take him home it depends on how his wound has healed.

I walk out of the elevator, taking a sip of my vanilla soya latte. I walk down a corridor, walk to the left and into another corridor. I open the door to room 265.

Peeta is lying in his bed. Finnick could leave the hospital a week ago. So now Peeta has a new roommate, but the curtains are covering the patient, so I can't see him.

"Hello my love", Peeta says smiling at me.

The biggest smile starts spreading across my face as I hear that.

Peeta seems so much happier and more energetic. He really has been recovering good.

I walk up to him.

"Well hello there my handsome man", I say and kiss him.

"Mmmm your lips tastes vanilla", Peeta says licking his lips.

I giggle. My goofy Peeta is back. I love how goofy he is. But he hasn't been goofy until now, he's been depressed and sad.

"What's gotten into you?" I ask.

"Nothing I just realized that I don't have to be bummed out because of my leg when I still have my life, my beautiful and sexy wife and three wonderful children", Peeta says. "And besides, I'll get my leg today".

"Oh my god Peeta that's so good", I say happily. "I'm so happy for you".

I give him a big kiss. He puts his hands and pulls me down. It gets so intimate that I want to do other things. But we're at a hospital.

"Peeta what are you doing?" I ask pulling away.

"I'm sorry, but you're so sexy in that dress, it's so hard to keep away from you", he says.

I smirk at Peeta's comment. During the months Peeta was gone I exercised and ate healthier and less to loss the baby weight I had left after giving both to Matty. Now I'm my normal size again, and dress in my tight clothes.

I love being all fit again. I feel so light, like I always did before. I love my children to bits but being pregnant and try to lose the baby weight is really hard.