Chapter 17: Telling

Chapter 17

Katniss P.O.V.

Everyone stares at Annie and I.

Finnick and Peeta looks at us with frowns in their faces. Finnick also noticed Annie is behaving strange, because just as I tried to keep Peeta from noticing my belly, Annie tried to do the same with Finnick.

Annie and I look at each other.

"Excuse us for a minute or two", Annie says and takes a hold of my hand and drags me up the stairs.

She drags me into mine and Peeta's room. As she closes the door I look at the bed. Only one of these sides of our big bed has been slept on, or Peetas side has been slept on, not by Peeta, but by the twins. Sometimes during the nights, when they missed Peeta the most, they came crying into my room, begging me to let them sleep with me on his side. Of course I did.

"We can't really hide it anymore", Annie says as she strips out of the big shirt she took from Finnick. She takes off her pants as well.

"I know", I say as I start to strip out of my clothes as well.

We both dress in our dresses. I dress in my light blue cotton dress that shows my curves but it reaches my legs where it starts to flutter. Annie has a pink cotton dress that looks like mine. We wenct out shopping before we found out that the boys were back. So we haven't had time to wear these dresses.

Annie walk towards the door but I stop her.

"Annie wait", I say.

She turns around and looks at me. I sit down onto the bed. Annie comes and sits done beside me. She puts an arm around my shoulders.

"Do you think they'll be happy?" I ask.

"No", Annie says and I look at her. "I think they'll be happy about the babies but very sad about the fact that they've missed half of the pregnancy".

I think Annie is right about that. Peeta will probably be happy about the baby, that he's going to be a father again, but very sad that he has missed five months of the pregnancy.

Annie and I haven't found out the gender of our babies yet, we wanted to wait for the boys but then when we thought they were dead, we just simple wanted to wait until the birth.

We're actually in the same month of our pregnancies. I don't know how we did that actually since none of us knew we were pregnant until the boys were gone. We didn't exactly plan on getting pregnant.

I thought it was enough with the twins, since I never really wanted children in the first place, and because Peeta can die, which were proved when the boys became captured. But I wouldn't change anything because I love my girls so much. And I don't think I'm sad about being pregnant either, I love my unborn baby so much.

"Yeah you're right Annie", I say.

We walk up to the door and I'm very nervous.

I hear the people talk downstairs.

"It's better if they tell you themselves", Felicia says.

"But mom..."

"Here they come", Madge says.

Annie and I are now walking down the stairs.

"You've chan..." Peeta starts but becomes quiet when he sees me better.

He sees my belly.

We come down to the others and they all smile but the boys.

"Oh my god..." Peeta whispers. "You're pregnant".

I nod and walks up to him. Annie walks up to Finnick but I concentrate only on Peeta right now.

"I'm sorry for not telling you sooner Peeta, I just... I'll tell you later, but now you know", I say and put my arms around his neck and stand close to him so he can feel the my belly between us.

"How lon...?" He starts but I interrupt him.

"Five months", I say. "Right before you left".

Peeta closes his eyes.

"Peeta say something, please", I ask at the edge of crying.

"I love you", he says, opening his eyes and wraps his arms around me. "So much".

"I love you too", I whisper and for the first time since he came home, I give him a real kiss.

"And I love our baby", he says and puts a hand on my belly. "I can't believe this, it's amazing a Katniss".

I smile so big.

"Really?"

"Really", he says and kisses me again.

Peeta wraps his arms around me again and I look over to Annie and Finnick. Finnick has one hand onAnnie's belly, happy as ever, and Fisher is standing beside them.

Riley and Becca runs up to Peeta and I.

"Are you happy now momma?" Riley asks.

Peeta frowns as he looks at Riley. He hates hearing about me being unhappy or sad and all of that. And it has to be extra tough when it comes from his little daughter.

"Yes baby, very happy", I say.

"Finally", Becca says.

How can I make my girls be quite? I see the pain in Peeta's eyes. They have to be quite now.

"Girls, why don't you go and play with the boys?" I ask.

"Okay momma", they say and runs to Nate and Fisher.

Fisher takes Riley's hands and they start to spin around. I can't help but smile so big at the sight of those two. They are just so cute.

I turn towards Peeta again. He looks at me with pain in his eyes. So much pain.

"We'll talk later Peeta okay?" I say.

He nods.

"Yeah, we have to I guess", he says and hugs me.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

✏️943 words✏️

So you happy now? They told the boys ... Or showed them or whatever, but yeah.

Please vote and comment

Josephine xx