Ch.24

Warning

[Chapter 24- Phantom]

"Namjoon! Namjoon, honey can you-- Oh my god!" Namjoon's mother walks into his room seeing a bloody mess. A dog from next door in a pool of its own blood as Namjoon pulls the knife out of its throat. "N-Namjoon," She breathes out with a shaky voice.

"Sorry mom, it was just barking so much, I couldn't sleep." He says with no remorse or even a hint of guilt in his voice. "Did I do something bad again?"

"Namjoon, whatever you do, never do that to people,"

- - -

Jiwon starts to get out of her car, before she even closes the door she looks back at her glove box thinking. 'Should I take it with me, or am I being paranoid?' she asks herself thinking about the gun hidden in the glove box.

Meeting Taehyung at the hospital unofficially is a big move on her part, whatever he has to say today will have a huge impact on her case. Usually accounts from witnesses taken in private could be manipulated by defence attorneys. The safest way to protect such a delicate case is to have all police officers and detectives in the loop.

Clenching her bag tightly Jiwon ignores her gun and closes her car door. Locking it as she walks up the hospital steps, she sees a handsome young man. Tall with dark wavy hair and tanned caramel skin, the man looks to Jiwon and walks her way.

"Detective Jiwon?" He asks, Jiwon is surprised that this is the same guy she saw in the newspaper. "Yes, Kim Taehyung?" Taehyung nods looking over Jiwon expecting her to be more hostile.

"How may I help you? Now that I see you it seems you're not looking for what I thought you were."

Jiwon nods knowing full well what Taehyung is talking about, what he's involved in. While there's not much info about him and his sister, Jiwon got enough to figure he's in a good amount of trouble from how much he's been covering his tracks. A man on the run has secrets and demons to hide, and Jiwon is hoping Namjoon is another demon Taehyung might know.

"You went to an allete high school, I saw the article," She takes out a printed version of it from her bag and hands it to Taehyung.

Taehyung just takes one glance at it to know what she's talking about, "Yeah, that's me and my sister. Now what does this cold case have to do with the police now?"

"Kim Namjoon, I need answers, a witness."

Taehyung's eyes frown, wondering if Jin talked to her about what's happened or if Namjoon did something else. Taehyung heard about what happened with Hoseok from Jin himself, he knew the police wouldn't believe an 'upstanding' citizen like Namjoon would do as Hoseok claimed. So what's this detective looking for? Especially from him.

"Look, I know in the article it says Namjoon was justified for his actions with self defence, but that's not the full story is it? It's too in his favor. And that picture of you and your sister, nothing about what happened to you two is in this, just a snippet about how your victims he saved. You called this a cold case, meaning you know something, the police might have not listened to you then, but i'm listening now. Tell me what you know about him, tell me the person behind the mask."

Taehyung looks at her with dark but curious eyes, he can tell Jiwon is different, that she's not influenced by money. Just like the cops that didn't listen to him before.

Taehyung looks down at the article in his hands, the picture of the both of them suffering, the thought of Jin comes to mind as well.

"Okay, I'll tell you my story,"