Ch.25

Warning

[Namjoon]

I look at the time and see it's already dawn, I'm a mess. I haven't even been to the basement either, I don't feel as motivated to kill as I used to, I'm stuck.

Do I love Seokjin? Love...

My phone rings, annoyed I grab it right away and answer it. "What?" I ask not even trying to be formal.

"Are you crazy?" My aunt's voice, "We got cops crawling all over the hotel asking about you and Seokjin! Now I let you and him work here but what kind of trouble did you get into? Your father won't like this!"

I end the call.

What the fuck? Why are they trying to find me, find out about me? Whatever's happening I need to get rid of everything I can as soon as possible.

I only talked to that detective yesterday. There's no way she got something out of that interview, I seriously thought I had enough time to get everything under control before they got any closer. Shit. It's all Seokjin's fault rattling me up, locking me in this feeling I don't need. Love? I don't need that when he's betrayed me, gone off with another old toy of mine that means nothing.

A loud bang of someone knocking on my door echoes throughout my apartment. "POLICE! OPEN UP!"

Shit!

I don't care anymore I won't get caught, not by some idiots that think they stand for justice.

I put on a coat and open my window that leads to a fire escape, I climb down as fast as possible and run. I need to make it to the house, maybe they haven't made it there yet, I need to know to see what my options are. I knew If I started all this I needed an escape plan just in case, I have another apartment full of cash and clothes to run away with so I should be good. But just maybe I can make the police look like fools and get rid of the evidence in the house.

I slow down my running and get out of an ally to go on the sidewalk, I breathe in and out trying not to stumble. I pushed too hard.

"Excuse me?" a woman's voice hits my ears, "Oh! I was right." I look over to her.

"Namjoon, how are you?"

Jin?

[Chapter 25- Hidden trap killer]

Jiwon kicks the door down to Namjoon's apartment, quickly checking corners and the living room and makes her way down the hallway. The other officers coming in after her do the same rechecking that the living room is clear. Jiwon checks every room but finds no one, seeing the open window in what seems to be Namjoon's room she assumes he's escaped.

Clicking her tongue she got on her mobile radio, "I need officers on patrol! Get his picture out there, we're on a man hunt now." She barks out orders. Looking at one of the officers she starts getting to work quickly before anyone can contaminate her case, "I want Woojin down here, don't let anyone else in till he and his team are here! Got it!" she yells making the officer gulp and solute to her.

Walking past him she curses to herself not getting here earlier, someone must have tipped him off. Picking up her radio again she changes the channel to get to Woojin, "What do we got?"

"Jiwon," Woojin's voice comes out a bit staticky, "We wouldn't have found this place without Taehyung, we got the jackpot." He says making Jiwon smile from ear to ear.

They got him, with the help of Taehyung, Jiwon got a warrant to search his home and have him arrested till they found additional charges. Everything leading up to this was help, if it weren't for Hoseok and Seokjin, Jiwon would have never suspected Namjoon. This is important to her, personal now, having heard the trail of despair that he's been leaving in his wake.