Chapter 49: The First Date

Evangeline's POV

After spending a few days with Remus and Sirius, both of whom kept busy by helping Radbey with his daily tasks, it was now the day of my date with Severus. 

Radbey was losing his mind as he watched me come out of the bathroom wearing different dresses.

"Radbey, what do you think? Too much? Not good enough?" 

His face held a look of confusion and nervousness, "Radbey thinks it's perfect miss. Your friend would love to see you in that." 

I groaned, "You said that about the last several dresses. Did you like any more than the others?" 

Radbey sighed, "No miss. However you said you were going to Knockturn Alley right? So perhaps the brighter dresses would not work for the location?" 

I thought for a moment before nodding, "Yes of course, you're right. I also shouldn't wear anything he's already seen. So no green or red, or the patterned dresses. The yellow is too bright. The pink is too frilly. He might've seen the plum dress already. This is difficult." 

"Radbey thinks that if he doesn't like you because of the dress you wear or way you look, he isn't a good friend." 

A bright smile came to my features, "You're absolutely right Radbey. I just want to look the best that I could possibly look. Which is why I'm starting all of this nonsense so early in the afternoon. Well, what's your favorite color?" 

He paused for a moment and spaced out in thought before snapping back to attention, "Radbey likes blue." 

"Blue? Blue! Hm interesting. I have a sky blue dress, but that's too bright. The navy blue is perhaps good. Let me try that." I disappeared back into the bathroom to change into the dress. Coming out I twirled about and looked to Radbey, "Thoughts?" 

"Radbey thinks it's perfect miss. Your friend would love to see you in that." 

"Radbey! Stop repeating yourself!" 

He made a slight nervous noise as he shook his head, "Sorry ma'am. Um- the navy is one of your work dresses, no? Do you want to wear a work dress to this?" 

"You're right again. I don't. Well then, how about black? But not the plain black. The lace one? Let me try it on." I disappeared again and went back out, glancing at myself in the mirror. 

I hummed softly in agreement, "This looks nice. Doesn't seem too fancy like my other dresses or too bright. Paired with a cloak, it would seem quite mundane but with a touch of something. However, if I do my makeup nicely it'll give me the color to brighten the look. Yes. I think this is it." 

I slipped on a pair of black heels and walked in front of the mirror again, "Maybe if I wear my snake ring and a silver necklace? However I think gold eyeshadow with a white glitter finish would do nicely

I slipped on a pair of black heels and walked in front of the mirror again, "Maybe if I wear my snake ring and a silver necklace? However I think gold eyeshadow with a white glitter finish would do nicely. I don't think it'll contrast too much in a bad way. Then maybe a light gloss instead of a red lip? Hm. Any thoughts Radbey?"