Chapter 10: Christmas

Evangeline's POV

I woke up to a knock on my door. It was the day after Snape took me to Hogsmeade. It was about noon. I got out of bed and shuffled to the door, opening it to see those familiar black eyes.

He said coolly, "Get up." 

I gestured to myself and said, "I am." 

He sighed and said, "Start your day. Shower, change, eat." 

I groaned and proceeded to sit on the floor, "I don't really want to, if I'm being honest."

"I don't care whether you want to or not. Come on." 

I slowly looked up to face him. His face read complete seriousness. Like he wouldn't budge from his command. 

I sighed and got back up, "Okay." 

He left quickly, as if he was certain I'd listen. I didn't feel like fighting him. 

I did as I was told, and went down to the Great Hall with the book I was reading yesterday. He wasn't there. All I did was read, drinking some pumpkin juice to stay semi-hydrated. 

When I was there for long enough, I went back to my room and laid down. I spent a good few hours just staring out the window. 

Once again, a knock on my door, and those familiar eyes. 

"What, are you stalking me now?", I said, placing my hands on my hips. 

He raised his eyebrow and said, "Go outside." 

I ignored him and went to lay back in bed. Leaving the door open. I suddenly heard a quiet, "Levicorpus", come from behind me. 

Before I knew it, I was upside down in the air. I shrieked to which Snape simply said, "Go. Out. Side." 

"Well put me down then!", I responded. 

He did. I got up and straightened my clothes before narrowing my eyes at the man. He ignored my evil look by saying, "I wouldn't have done it if you listened." 

That got another groan from me. But I got my bag and stomped past him, closing the door behind me. I went outside and went between playing in the snow and reading. The bowtruckles were hibernating, and it was too cold to bring Juniper out. 

I sat down in a nearby bench and listened to classical music. It was nice to listen to while looking at the snow. When the sun left, I went inside to eat dinner.

I met Snape there, and we both ate quietly, reading our respective books. 

This became routine for the next several days. Every bone in my body would scream for me to stay inside and do nothing, but Snape would drag me out and get me to live again. If I didn't go outside, he would either tell me to exercise, practice brewing potions, or practice my spells. 

His actions annoyed me to living hell, but I wasn't gonna fight him. He saw how hard it was for me to go back to the way I used to be, and he never pushed me too far. I knew he was trying for my own good, and I respected him a lot for that. 

I would send the humorous remark at him every once in a while though. My favorite was when he would tell me to get up and I'd just say, "Yes mom." 

It pissed him off every time, but it made me laugh so it was worth it. 

Christmas arrived before I knew it. It was a beautiful white Christmas. The one time I started my day on my own. I dressed in a dark green dress, with long sleeves. It was an outfit I saved for special occasions. I didn't own heels, so I put on some black flats.