Chapter 11

.

.

.

.

"A-America...?"  Russia breathed.

It seemed like he was asking him but in reality, he just asked himself if it was really his lost friend. 

Memories started flooding in, all those memories he had suppressed for the past four years deep into his mind. 

He didn't know how to feel, he slowly got off America and continued staring at him.

America rubbed his arms, starting to do circular movements in his shoulders from the way Russia was holding his arm's behind his back. He rubbed his neck sighing a breath of relief that the blade wasn't so dangerously close. 

Russia continued staring looking calm, but there was a bloody battle happening in his mind.

'That can't be him. He's missing. He was kidnapped. He's dead.' Russia heard every single possible possibility of what was happening. Until a thought crossed his mind.

'It's a hallucination' 

The first year of his best friends had gone missing was a rough one, it affected the friend group gravely. Some started to distance themselves, like Russia, and some were trying to keep it together but gave up seeing how broken it had become. That doesn't mean they weren't still friends, Russia still saw some of his friends like Germany and Poland but he hasn't heard much from the others like how they used to.

He didn't know how the disappearance of America really hurt his friends, but to him, it was a nightmare. Russia would search through the city at night trying to find his friend, he would help with the investigation like Canada. But the day where the police just gave up and pronounced him dead, was the day he broke down. 

He'd start hallucinating after that day, hearing America's laugh, thinking he saw something from the corner of his eye. Sometimes a hallucination of America would appear in front of him and would disappear as soon as he blinked. That would be the time where Russia would start getting recognized at the bar. 

But he touched him, Russia physically attacked him, he was still there. He can't be a hallucination.. he's real...

America finally looked up seeing Russia, this wasn't how he wanted to greet his friend after so many years. 

But the first thing he started to do was look at his friend, he noticed how Russia had somehow gotten a bit taller, he had more muscle on him than last time, the same ushanka as always, he couldn't make a lot of things out due to the shadow casting on him from the street light outside the alleyway. 

"um... Hi?" America said in his raspy almost inaudible voice. 

That snapped Russia out of his thought, kinda accepting what he was seeing was real.

He honestly didn't know how to react. But seeing America stent his arms to help him stand up, he took them helping him. 

America felt weird with the awkward silence from Russia, he saw how Russia's eyes examined him like if he was a medicine bottle trying to read the small ass letters.  He felt like prey under Russia's cold icy periwinkle eyes. 

Seeing how he was examining him, he helped Russia by doing a small 360 turn. "Like what you see?" America said trying to lift the mood. He knew seeing his friends after four years was going to be hard and he thought he was prepared for it but now he realized how hard this actually was.