Chapter 13

"Why were u following me," Russia asked with no emotion.

America thought for a little, thinking if he should lie. He knew if he lied he'd create a bigger hole for himself, but he remembers how good Russia was in detecting lies, so he chooses the safe route.

America started to sign but once he saw Russia's confused face he noticed what he did. He laughed at himself but continued, "I was trying to see where you lived"

Russia raised his eyebrow, "why?"

America blinked, "to uh, you were the first one I saw when I came back to the city. So I decided I'd find where you lived so I could show up on your doorstep like an unwanted baby" he chuckled at his own joke.

But Russia didn't seem amused, he hummed.

"When did you come back" Russia started walking to the kitchen, America didn't know what he was doing but he heard glass and the tab running.

"About a month or two ago"

Russia came back with a cup of water and put it on the coffee table for America. America gradually took it not realizing how dry his throat was, he probably abused it too much today already.

"What happened to your voice"

America spits a little of the water out, he knew it'd come up but not so soon. America apologized wiping the small amount of water off the coach.

"I got into an accident, and it fucked up my vocal cords," America said looking down, remembering that day.

Russia noticed how it was a personal question, but glad that the stripped country had answered it. "Is that why you use sign language?"

The freedom country looked shocked, wondering how Russia knew that until he remembered he had been with Russia up close and afar with his hiding clothes. So he just nodded.

Russia hummed again, he was going to open his mouth again until America spoke. "Can I ask you too?"

Russia looked at him, thinking about it, and nodded.

"How have you been?"

Russia looked at him with confusion, he thought about it and just shrugged so he continued his questions. "Where have you been this whole time"

It didn't really feel like a question, more like a demand to tell him. America knew that the questions were gonna get more personal from here, Russia has always cut to the chase.

America started to sweat, he couldn't say who he was with or where. But if he wanted a safe place to sleep he should at least tell Russia a little information. "I'm sorry Russia, for safety reasons I can't give that information away. But I can tell you I've been moving places each season for the past 4 years safely" He gave a small smile

Russia grunted, "your voice says otherwise"

America rolled his eyes and chuckled a bit, "It was an accidenttt"

"One last question," Russia says, he walks over to America and sits down 2 feet away from him on the couch. What worried America was how Russia wasn't even looking at him, he was looking at the ground, he seemed serious but he could see the pain in the cold country.

"Why did you leave"

The room seemed to get colder as soon as those words escaped Russia's mouth, America didn't know what to say. He knew the answer but seeing how Russia seemed so hurt made him freeze. "Was it because of me?" Russia said finally looking at America.

His eyes held so much pain and curiosity, he looked like a hurt puppy that America just wanted to hug and love.

"what?" America said in a whisper, "No no no no no no" He flew towards Russia giving him a big hug. Russia froze, he didn't want to hug back but did so either way.

America broke the hug, leaving a hand on Russia's shoulder as a sign of affection.

"I'm sorry if you thought that for all these years..." America said with sadness in his voice even if it was all raspy and weird.

"I wanted to help myself, I saw how you guys were struggling to help me. Especially my family, so I just left to find my own peace" America said calmly, but he remembered those days where depression was becoming more of a foe than a friend.

Every morning became harder to start, each activity became more complicated and tiring, and seeing his family look at him differently took a toll on him.

Russia looked at America, it made sense, he remembered the American telling him when he was diagnosed, when he had trouble with his therapist and pills, he remembered trying to help but clearly it didn't work. Russia didn't take that to heart though, he had his own depression as well and he understood where America was coming from; each person solves their problems their own way.

But he was mad, just because America left to make himself better doesn't mean he should disappear off the face of the earth bringing his other friends down. Did he even think of them and how they'd feel? Does he even have the right to be angry at him?

That last question made Russia silent. Did he have the right? He didn't know. He wasn't very good with emotions if you couldn't tell, all of this was too overwhelming to him.

"How are the others?" America asked curiously, he has searched them up online but there's nothing that can really give much information on how they are.

Russia looked over at him for a minute or two before responding, "I think that's something you should ask them yourself"

Ouch, he knew what the Russian meant. He wanted him to go see the others as well, it took him a long time to reveal himself to Russia; as a matter of fact, he didn't even reveal himself when he was ready, Russia just decided to use his spy skills. He just sighed and nodded knowing Russia was right.

"So tell me Russia, what do you know?" America asked wanting to know more about his Russian friend.

Russia stood up, "well im a working member of everyday society" He walked to the cage and opened it grabbing a leash.

"W-what are you doing?" due to his fucked up voice Russia couldn't really tell if he was anxious, worried, or curious so he just guessed he was worried.

"If you're going to stay" He put the leash on Amara's collar and took her out, he commanded her to sit and make eye contact with him. "She'll have to get used to you"

------------------------------

kinda don't have an idea for the next chapter :') I do but it won't be long enough for about 1000 words (which is the chapter minimum I put on myself) 

So if you have any ideas on what should happen next feel free to share :)))