Chapter 5

America passed the crowd and got to the bar. He sat on one of the chairs and ordered water. Which the bartender gave him a weird look but gave it to him anyway.

America sighed looking at his own reflection in the water. By the loud music and dancing, the water had ripples which cause America's reflection to look weird.

America was thinking of the whole situation. How could he ask Russia that after like 2 minutes of silence between the two? Russia must think he was super weird, which he was, but not in a good way.

America ruined his last night with his friends, well with Russia, he hasn't ruined the rest, he should probably leave before doing so.

"Yo dude you good?"

Once again someone broke his thoughts. 'Jeez, what's the deal of everyone breaking my train of thought today.' he thought 

America looked up and saw Germany with a worried look.

'Jeez, what's with the worried look too!'

"Yeah"

"You don't look so good, you look very depressed" Germany stated.

"Wow that's so surprising, It not like I have depression" America said sarcastically.

Germany chuckled a bit, he knew America dealt with his depression with jokes so he didn't see the jokes as worrisome.

"Yeah I know, anyway so what's wrong?" Germany asked.

"Its nothing, just Russia being Russia." America rolled his eyes.

"What did he do this time?"

"Well, nothing. But I just don't understand him. He doesn't like the idea of people being gay with him but still hangs around them and respects them!" America said in a confused tone.

"Eh, I don't really see a problem with that. He has the right to believe whatever he wants without harming anyone. He's not like some people who harass gay people." Germany said, he himself really appreciated Russia for still being his friend after he came out to him.

"Yeah, I know! But why can't he just pick one side! Or even switch sides!" America's tone seemed to be getting angrier which confused Germany.

"What do you mean switch sides? And why are you getting so worked up about this? Russia isn't harming any-"

"His harming me. He's hurting me" America said bluntly putting his hand on his chest and squeezing his shirt.

"What..?" Germany was now super confused. Until it clicked before he could ask America said.

"I like Russia... more than a friend" America said quietly but Germany was still able to hear it.

Germany was surprised, he obviously knew America meant it as like like Russia, but wasn't America straight? "Wait but arent you straight?"

America chuckled as he heard the word straight, but it wasn't a happy, fun chuckle; it was a chuckle of sadness.

"No, I'm bisexual"

America looked at his drink once again.

Germany couldn't believe this, he always thought America was straight, but guess you can't judge a book by its cover. And he should've definitely known that personally.

"Why.. didn't you tell me?" Germany asked not sad, but curiously.

"It's not like I don't trust you guys, I knew and know that you'd support me no matter what, especially you and Poland. I was just worried, the more people that know the more danger the secret could be exposed. Especially since Russia's in our group" America said softly.