Vincenzo: Episode 2

Our lead strikes up a tentative partnership with the determined lawyer of Geumga Plaza to try to save the building from demolition. Being the underdog is a new experience for our mafioso, and he struggles to adapt to this unfamiliar environment. But with his unique methods and his new lawyer acquaintance's in-depth knowledge of their foe, they might just have a chance.

EPISODE 2

Dangling from the window, CEO Park promises to skedaddle with his men. Vincenzo makes him pinky promise before hauling him up. Of course, CEO Park reneges on his solemn pinky promise and immediately orders his men to kill Vincenzo.

As the men raise their weapons, the police rush in to break things up and warn CEO Park that there are reporters outside. Once CEO Park and his gang leave, Yoo-chan pulls Vincenzo aside. He thinks this was all orchestrated by Vincenzo and doesn't believe his assertion that Young-woon was threatened into selling.

Vincenzo is fed up with the accusations and leaves after promising that he'll get the building back. Moments later, a reporter comes in looking for Vincenzo. Yoo-chan is surprised to learn that Vincenzo tipped them off.

Cha-young smells something fishy and catches up to Vincenzo, wondering why he's so worked up over the sale. She guesses there's something more valuable than the building at stake. After saying her piece, Cha-young confidently skips away ... and then realizes she's going the wrong way and does a U-turn like nothing happened.

The tenants gather to badmouth Vincenzo for his betrayal and figure out what to do now. Yoo-chan is conflicted after hearing Vincenzo is the one who called the media and promises to investigate whether Vincenzo is on their side.

Elsewhere, Myung-hee goes all in at aerobics class before heading to work. It turns out she's a prosecutor who prides herself on being able to dig up dirt on anyone.

Vincenzo, meanwhile, goes to visit Young-woon in the hospital who is pretty banged up but okay. He feels guilty about the sale, but Vincenzo doesn't blame him for protecting his family. Young-woon advises Vincenzo to demolish the building before Babel does so that they don't discover the gold.

We learn that there's a particular aspect to the structure of Cassano family saferooms. Not only are they connected to the beams and columns, but they're fitted with devices that amplify impact. If someone attempts to break into the room with force, the devices amplify the impact and cause the building to collapse. The final safety measure is killing everyone who worked on the room or knows about it.

The only people alive who are aware of the saferoom at Geumga Plaza are Vincenzo and Young-woon. A year ago, the Chinese businessman who commissioned it died of a heart attack, and he told no one of its existence. Shortly after, Vincenzo and Young-woon decided to take the gold for themselves by moving it under the pretense of constructing a new building.

Cheol-wook and one of the monks catch Vincenzo loitering outside of Nanyak Temple, so he pretends to be interested in the plaque with teachings against greed. Vincenzo panics when he hears them talking about installing a boiler and very intensely offers to buy them an electric heating pad for the floor instead.

At Wusang Law Firm, Joon-woo rushes into Cha-young's office with the news that one of Babel's quarantined researchers is missing. Meanwhile, Team Leader Ahn reports to DIRECTOR TAE (Kwon Tae-won) that Vincenzo was targeted after Fabio died. He proposes that Vincenzo could've hid money in Korea and might even create his own mafia ... branch? I don't know mafia terms.

Director Tae still thinks he's overreacting and won't sign off on his "mission." Team Leader Ahn decides he'll pay for his own mission. The only problem is he's too poor.