Vincenzo: Episode 17

Our lead's grief sends him on the warpath, eager to dole out vengeance in the way he knows best. As he takes on Babel with renewed resolve, he's supported by his tenant family who is ready to go all-in on this fight. But, as always, there are crosses and double-crosses thrown into the mix that add a layer of unpredictability on both sides of this dangerous game.

EPISODE 17

Vincenzo enters the villa with a vengeance. After he kills the man who murdered his mother, he trains his gun on each person in the room. They panic when he fires off several shots around them.

Everyone cowers while Vincenzo calmly says that killing his mother was both evil and foolish. He'd let them live until now because it'd be a hassle to kill them, but they've just sealed their deaths.

He calms them as they scream and whimper, saying that he won't kill them today. Instead, he vows to give them two things: humiliation and a slow, agonizing death. Vincenzo orders them to "clean up the trash" and warns them against pinning the man's death on him.

Vincenzo has one last order of business before he leaves. Joon-woo scrambles back as Vincenzo advances. To give him a taste of what's to come, Vincenzo shoots him in the ear.

Once he's finished, Vincenzo goes to see his mother's body. He breaks down sobbing, resting his bloody hand on her forehead, and finally calls her "Mom."

All the tenants show up in support at the funeral, after which Cha-young accompanies Vincenzo to Kyung-ja's grave. Vincenzo feels like her death is his fault, but Cha-young argues he brought joy back into his mother's life, even if it was for a brief time. Vincenzo confesses that he already misses her and breaks down in tears. Cha-young pats his back while he cries.

That night, Vincenzo sits at home in the dark with the scarf his mother made and reads the letter she wrote to Cha-young. She asks her to give the scarf to her son once she's gone since it's the only thing she has to give.

Kyung-ja asks Cha-young to take care of Vincenzo and relay her words to him: "Ju-hyeong, you were my blessing and happiness. You were the reason I carried on living." There was never a moment that she didn't love him, but she apologizes for not being able to show him that love. Vincenzo cries as he reads her letter.

Meanwhile, Joon-woo has a temper tantrum at the hospital while the nurses try to do their jobs and disinfect his only mildly damaged ear. He flips out when Han-seo and Myung-hee dare suggest he stay and get treated. Joon-woo eventually agrees so long as Myung-hee promises to make sure Vincenzo suffers a painful death.

Vincenzo dreams of his vicious Mafia deeds again, particularly the man he murdered in his car. Vincenzo's eyes widen to see a child clutching a teddy bear and turning fearful eyes on him. Then, he sees his own time at the orphanage, which leads to memories of meeting Kyung-ja again.

The next morning, Young-woon comes over, bringing Vincenzo guns and bullets; Vincenzo is ready to make his opening chess move against Babel. He heads downstairs to find all the tenants waiting for him.

Hee-soo tears up and gives him a warm hug. Hong-shik says they've all closed their shops for now so they can go all in on the fight with Babel. Everyone from pregnant Yeon-jin to CEO Park offers to do whatever they can.

Team Leader Ahn realizes his lifelong dream by saying they're all part of the Cassano family now. Vincenzo can't say anything as he stares into their earnest faces and Hee-soo holds his hand.

Joon-woo is extra touchy as he prepares for the auction that day. Vincenzo calls him and lets him know their game of chess starts today. He taunts that losing all your pieces and being left alone on the board is humiliating. Joon-woo insists he won't lose, but Vincenzo tells him in Italian that the beginning of defeat is fear, so he's already losing.