Vincenzo: Episode 19

The end is nigh, and our adversaries are done playing games. Our lead sets his final plans into motion, preparing to take out his enemies one by one. On the verge of losing everything, the chairman sheds what little restraint he's had and takes drastic measures to try to beat his ex-Mafia foe. Whichever side ultimately wins, there's bound to be a lot of pain and bloodshed before it's all said and done.

EPISODE 19

After making sure Cha-young and Mi-ri are okay, Vincenzo beckons Chief Kim's men forward. He takes out several of the men, but he's vastly outnumbered. He gets hit over the head and falls to the ground where Cha-young and Mi-ri rush over to him. They scream as one of the men raises a metal pipe to strike.

It's the tenants' turn to come to the rescue this time. Led by "Lightening Scissors" Hong-shik, they jump into the fray. As they fight, we learn that there are several sports' champions among the tenants. Cheol-wook is a gold medal winning wrestler, Yeon-jin is a gold medal winning weightlifter, and Hee-soo is a boxing champion. Even Chef Baek is a ssireum (Korean wrestling) champion.

The tenants emerge exhausted but victorious, and now Chief Kim isn't so sure of himself as Vincenzo approaches. Chief Kim starts to ask about the gold, but Cha-young knocks him out with a wooden beam. Afterwards, everyone has celebratory drinks at Arno's. The tenants credit Vincenzo and Cha-young with bringing the community together and giving them a reason to use their fighting skills.

Later at Jipuragi, Young-woon asks how Vincenzo moved the gold. We flash back to Vincenzo's talk with the monks. They'd been getting shocked whenever they meditated over a specific spot on the floor, so they looked under the floorboards and discovered the vault. They ask Vincenzo if the gold is hidden there.

Since they've already guessed the truth, Vincenzo admits it and asks for their help. The next day, Vincenzo had Mi-ri open the vault. The Jipuragi team, Mi-ri, and the monks then moved the gold out little by little over the coming days.

Now, Joo-sung whispers the location of the gold to Young-woon lest someone overhear them. Vincenzo keeps the location of the Guillotine file secret, though, to Young-woon's disappointment. But he promises to tell him "when the time is right."

Once they're alone, Vincenzo explains to Cha-young that he signed a contract with the rival family who was posing a threat, giving them 80 million Euros in exchange for leaving the Cassano family alone. Cha-young is just glad Vincenzo came back safely. While they flirt and reminisce, Chief Kim wakes up on the street with a chocolate gold bar in his hand.

Back in the office, Joo-sung expresses his happiness at Vincenzo's return with a very long back hug. He only lets go when Cha-young reminds him they need to teach Candidate Park a lesson. Soon after, an article about Candidate Park's corrupt land practices is released.

Over a meal, Myung-hee shares her hard-earned wisdom with Chief Kim: don't underestimate Vincenzo. She and Attorney Han know that Vincenzo could use the Guillotine file to destroy them but is biding his time. Prosecutor Jung has an idea to stop the trial, but he'll need Candidate Park's assistance. Before he leaves, Chief Kim insists that Prosecutor Jung should be promoted immediately.

Joon-woo seems to have adjusted to prison life, walking around flanked by his own inmate protection detail. When a fellow inmate scoffs at him for acting like he owns the place, Joon-woo calmly chats with him for a bit before BITING HIM IN THE NECK like a vampire and beating him viciously. Even as two guards pull him off, Joon-woo bites the inmate again, this time taking a chunk of his ear.

At Jipuragi, Joo-sung is livid when they receive a notice that the trial is being postponed until after the election due to worries that it could be used politically to smear Candidate Park. Vincenzo is calm as always and reminds them they have the Guillotine file at their disposal.