Vincenzo: Episode 9

Our team works to uncover the identity of Babel's real chairman who has done a thorough job of hiding himself. Meanwhile, Babel's partners in crime at Wusang learn exactly what the real chairman is capable of and how far he'll go to get his way. With the body count growing ever higher, our leads don't have any time to waste in their efforts to uncover the truth and put a stop to Babel's atrocities.

EPISODE 9

Chairman Jang complains that Joon-woo should get rid of Jipuragi already, but Joon-woo calls them his "sparring partners." Once he can completely defeat Vincenzo, he'll get rid of him.

Meanwhile, Cha-young laments their loss, but Vincenzo thinks getting revenge for Kyung-ja is enough. They move onto their next stage: luring out the real head of Babel.

At home that night, Vincenzo ruminates on what the doctor said. Kyung-ja was diagnosed with late-stage lung cancer in 1993, the same year she left Vincenzo at the orphanage. Her illness was miraculously cured four years later without surgery.

In the basement, the tenants have formed little alliances and scour the building for the gold. Team Leader Ahn even catches the monks searching, although they plan to donate the money to saving children, of course. Upstairs, Vincenzo has a fight with a cooing pigeon, who he names Inzaghi (after the Italian soccer player), hanging out on his windowsill.

The next day, Myung-hee informs Joon-woo that Jong-moon is working with the prosecution. The prosecutor in charge, Prosecutor Jung, investigated Babel when Joon-woo's father was chairman. He's notoriously strong-willed and unmovable.

In the middle of their meeting, Jong-moon calls Joon-woo with a deal. If Joon-woo doesn't kill him and pays him $30 million USD, he'll disappear. If Joon-woo refuses, Jong-moon will expose Joon-woo's identity and deeds to the prosecution, including what he did to his father. Joo-woo agrees, but he's got his angry face on.

At Jipuragi, the team looks over the official records of Chairman Jang's older brother Jang Han-seok who moved to the States 15 years ago. He's supposedly an artist, and no one knows where he is now. There's no record of him even returning for his father's funeral two years ago.

After Cha-young heads out alone to meet with Kyung-ja, Joo-sung sighs that poor Kyung-ja doesn't have any family. He irritates Vincenzo with his ranting about how kids these days are unfilial, so even if Kyung-ja had a child, they probably wouldn't visit her.

Kyung-ja is glad to hear that Min-seong got his comeuppance. Cha-young clarifies that Vincenzo did all the work and is even paying Kyung-ja's hospital fees. Kyung-ja feels ashamed accepting so much from him.

Vincenzo arrives right as the doctor acquiesces to Kyung-ja's insistence that she doesn't need pain medicine. He gets increasingly angry as he chastises the doctor for negligence, complains about the meals they're serving her, and yells at Kyung-ja for not listening to the doctor he's been bashing. After he storms out, Cha-young apologizes on his behalf, but Kyung-ja smiles that his anger on her behalf was kind of nice.

Although Babel has Shinkwang Bank on their side, the other banks still aren't biting thanks to Cha-young's denouncement of Babel in the press. Chairman Jang frustratedly brings up getting rid of Vincenzo and Cha-young again, but Joon-woo won't hear of it.

While the Jipuragi team meets with the Babel victims' family group, Chairman Jang and Wusang meet with Chief Prosecutor Hwang and his sidekick. The prosecutors have no problem talking back to Chairman Jang and let him know that they won't hesitate to strike back if they feel disrespected.

Through Chairman Jang's phone, Joon-woo listens in on the prosecutors' demeaning remarks and scoffs that they don't know their place. On the drive back, a van screeches to a halt in front of the prosecutors' car. They're both yanked out of the car by masked men with bats.