Vincenzo: Episode 18

Our team continues to keep Babel on their toes and put them on the defensive. Remembering that they're a law firm, Jipuragi initiates another lawsuit against Babel, hoping to put an end to the redevelopment project once and for all. As the chairman's allies dwindle and his position grows ever more precarious, he starts to lose confidence and fears his adversary might just be more than he can handle.

EPISODE 18

After Han-seo shoots, an officer leans down to check Vincenzo's pulse. In one swift move, Vincenzo grabs the officer and swipes his gun. He orders everyone to drop their guns.

In what looks like a shipping container, Vincenzo has all the agents and Han-seo tied up. He kills each Interpol agent and instructs the Korean officers to report that the agents left because they had no evidence.

Vincenzo lets Han-seo go, commanding him to tell Joon-woo to stop acting up and wait for his death. But Vincenzo can't let him go scot free, so he shoots him in the arm.

In the hospital, Han-seo explains all of this to the evil three. Attorney Han knew he was planning to lure Vincenzo out so Interpol could arrest him but not that he was going there to kill him. Joon-woo zeros in on the fact that Han-seo had a gun and doesn't seem to buy Han-seo's claim that he bought it to kill Vincenzo.

When Han-seo reveals that Vincenzo had several of his people hidden at the ice rink, Joon-woo wonders if someone tipped him off about Interpol. After threatening Han-seo with death if he touches a gun again, Joon-woo leaves with Myung-hee. Attorney Han believes Han-seo is hiding something about all this, but Han-seo denies it.

Outside, Myung-hee taunts Attorney Han for his failed first act as chief prosecutor. He's unbothered until she points out that Vincenzo might come after him now. Myung-hee condescendingly advises him to stop getting in over his head.

At Jipuragi, the team drinks to Vincenzo's escape from deportation and arrest. We get the music of revelation as we jump back to when Han-seo called Vincenzo and told him about Interpol. In the locker room at the rink, Vincenzo and Han-seo are outfitted and Joo-sung works his fake-blood magic.

On the rink, Vincenzo and Han-seo hold the others at gunpoint while Vincenzo explains that Paolo framed him. In exchange for his freedom, Vincenzo has Joo-sung hand over evidence of Paolo's illegal dealings and info on Babel's paper company.

Afterwards, Han-seo carries their duffel bags, refusing to let Vincenzo help. He explains that he decided to stay on Vincenzo's team because he doesn't want to be a puppet chairman again. Han-seo is worried that people will get suspicious if he returns unscathed, though, so he asks Vincenzo to shoot him in the arm.

Vincenzo warns him it'll hurt and that he might even pass out. Han-seo bounces up and down like a boxer, insisting he can take it, but he screams when Vincenzo points the gun at him. Once Vincenzo actually shoots, Han-seo bluffs it's not that painful and promptly passes out.

The next morning, CEO Park presents Vincenzo with a free ticket to use his balloon service. He boasts they've helped 47 people flee, 45 of whom survived. Pfft. CEO Park can't help but respect and root for Vincenzo, the real gangster he always dreamed of being. Vincenzo accepts the gift but draws the line at calling CEO Park "hyung."

Jipuragi readies for their next moves which include a lawsuit against Babel Tower and removing some of Joon-woo's more consequential pieces from the board. These "pieces" get a text – supposedly from Joon-woo – with Director Tae's secret recording of the private meeting at Joon-woo's place. They arrive at the designated meeting place, a public building.

After Mi-ri plays recordings over the loudspeaker of Babel's shady dealings, an enraged Chief Prosecutor Hwang calls Joon-woo, believing he's trying to threaten them. Meanwhile, on the steps of the courthouse, Cha-young and Vincenzo announce their lawsuit against Babel Tower.