Vincenzo: Episode 4

The recent "accident" has a profound effect on everyone involved and makes the fight even more personal. Our lead takes things into his own hands in the style he's accustomed to, but he's not the only one. Our quirky lawyer is determined to make the people responsible pay, and she decides her best chance is to work with her sketchy new lawyer acquaintance whether he likes it or not.

EPISODE 4

Cha-young arrives on the scene and wades through the crowd. She spots her father lying on the ground and walks toward him in a daze as police arrive. While an unconscious Vincenzo is rushed to the hospital, Cha-young sobs next to Yoo-chan's body at the morgue. Nooo.

Babel must have gotten to the media because in the news coverage of Yoo-chan's death, they start accusing him of bribing people in the Babel case and inciting the whistleblower to perjury. They also claim he violated the attorneys-at-law act.

Myung-hee does her exercises like nothing happened while the tenants of Geumga Plaza and Yoo-chan's past clients mourn their friend and champion. They leave flowers and cover the outside of the Jipuragi office in notes of support and gratitude. Cha-young spends some time at her father's grave and then visits a still unconscious Vincenzo in his hospital suite.

Meanwhile, Babel celebrates their drug getting approved. Attorney Han isn't thrilled when Chairman Jang ignores his outstretched hand to instead shake Myung-hee's. While Cha-young cries going through old photos, Min-cheol washes up on a beach in Busan.

Cha-young cleans out her dad's desk in preparation to close down Jipuragi. The tenants worry about what to do next since they still don't fully trust Vincnezo (who's been unconscious for over a week). Ironically, Team Leader Ahn is the one to speak up for him. He goes on about how he's been helping the monks and delinquents and isn't as selfish as they think.

Later, Cha-young sits by Vincenzo's bedside and cries as she begs him to wake up and help her figure out how to solve her father's murder. She angrily asks if he knows how much this room and his treatment are costing her.

"Then let's go to the bank first," Vincenzo says. He sits up casually, stretches like he's waking from a little nap, and hops out of bed. He's been awake for a while and insists he's fine when Cha-young starts feeling for a temperature and asking about cognitive damage.

As he stands in front of Yoo-chan's grave, Vincenzo recalls Yoo-chan musing that his brazen, strong daughter would make a great lawyer and do so much good if she would get it together. He'd hoped Vincenzo would tell her that if he couldn't.

Cha-young intends to keep looking into the "accident," but Vincenzo criticizes her newfound determination to help her father. Her eyes well with tears when he says she should've been on her father's side sooner. Vincenzo bluntly states there's nothing she can do and advises her to let it go.

Still fuming from her conversation with Vincenzo, Cha-young hears a news report in her car announcing that the washed-up body belongs to a researcher. Min-cheo's death is deemed a suicide since he supposedly emailed a will and had been "stealing ingredients" from Babel. Cha-young immediately calls a detective.

The tenants all rush Vincenzo when he arrives, happy to see him awake. He looks exhausted as JANG YEON-JIN (Seo Ye-hwa) stops him to ask about his plan to relocate them to his building. They panic when he asks to talk about it later and start yelling about how he can't do this to them.

Vincenzo loses his cool and accuses them of rewarding his free help with criticism and suspicion. They think it's all about the money and threaten that they can't trust him like this. Vincenzo is fine with that – get another lawyer then.