Vincenzo: Episode 5

While Babel and and their law firm do damage control, our leads move onto the next phase of their plan. It's time to take their fight to court. Our legal team knows the fight won't be fair, and they'll need to get creative to win against a corporation as powerful as Babel. Thankfully, unconventionality is our leads' strong suit.

EPISODE 5

After their successful mission, Cha-young is flustered when one of the victims of the Babel case grabs her in a hug before leaving. Elsewhere, Joon-woo nearly chokes Chairman Jang to death because he doesn't like his tone. He reminds Chairman Jang he's just a puppet and orders him to ensure the fire is attributed to an electrical failing.

Vincenzo and Cha-young discuss their next steps over drinks. He's determined to beat Babel in court, but he's not licensed in Korea, so Cha-young will have to be their official lawyer. As a former insider, Cha-young decides targeting Babel Chemicals is their best shot. Meanwhile, Monk Chaeshin has a meal with a long-time friend who happens to be a Babel Chemicals employee.

At the gym, Chairman Jang overestimates his strength. Vincenzo just happens to pass by and help him out, and he makes a show of recognizing the amazing Chairman Jang. Playing the fan, Vincenzo strokes his ego while also testing him by dropping names and business knowledge that goes over Chairman Jang's head.

Chairman Jang loses his cool when Vincenzo gets too in his space and brings up how tabloids have said the fire at the Babel factory was arson. Like Myung-hee, Vincenzo only needed one interaction to gather that Chairman Jang isn't the real boss.

Joon-woo runs on the treadmill and talks to Cha-young on the phone while she does silks. He brings up the fire which Cha-young says Babel had coming, and Joon-woo readily agrees with her. After he hangs up, he surmises that she was behind it.

Vincenzo and Cha-young meet up, and she isn't particularly surprised to hear that Chairman Jang is likely not the real leader of Babel. Drawing from Mafia strategy, Vincenzo guesses that the best way to draw out the real boss is to destroy the puppet. He's surprised when Cha-young comes to the same conclusion.

While Myung-hee ruminates on her brush with death in the laundromat, Attorney Han barges in and shares that Vincenzo, the lawyer palling around with Cha-young, is clean. He checked with Italian sources and the NIS. Myung-hee is sure something is off about him and goes to check him out in person.

At Jipuragi, Myung-hee finds Joo-sung singing in Italian and wearing a knockoff blue suit. She asks if he's Vincenzo, which he affirms while clicking one of those cheapy lighters in an aggressively uncool imitation of the real deal. She's taken aback and doesn't buy the act, especially when he almost burns his face off with his little lighter.

Myung-hee storms out and runs into Cha-young and the real Vincenzo in the hall. Vincenzo didn't disguise his voice on the phone with Myung-hee, so Cha-young bluffs that he has tonsilitis and can't speak.

Myung-hee invites herself for tea and poses her threats as well wishes, advising them to lay low so they can survive. When she keeps pressing Vincenzo to speak, he uses this strange, high-pitched voice. The whole encounter confuses Myung-hee who isn't sure if Vincenzo is her guy.

At Wusang, Attorney Han calls Joon-woo into his office and reluctantly announces that he's been made partner. Attorney Han is frustrated and baffled by Chairman Jang's request, but he has no choice but to promote Joon-woo. In a move very reminiscent of Cha-young, Joon-woo does a little victory dance once he's around the corner.

At Jipuragi, Cha-young gives a presentation about Babel Chemicals using Joo-sung's ridiculously colorful slides that look like they were made by a grade schooler. The gist is that RDU-90 is not Babel's only dangerous product embroiled in a lawsuit. Babel Chemicals is developing a new product, and several researchers exposed to it have died of "leukemia."