Vincenzo: Episode 12

There's turmoil both outside and inside Babel as our leads continue wreaking havoc and factions begin to emerge within Babel's inner circle. It's a game of survival at this point, and everyone is taking risks. Meanwhile, the gold hunt is ongoing at Geumga Plaza, and new information surfaces that suggests there may be more than just gold buried underneath the temple.

EPISODE 12

Right as Vincenzo goes to shoot, Prosecutor Jung shoots a blank into the air. A tear of relief and fear falls from Joon-woo's eye. Prosecutor Jung is flanked by several officials with guns, and he orders Vincenzo to drop his weapon. Vincenzo yells that Joon-woo is really Jang Han-seok while Joon-woo screams and cries that he's not.

Joon-woo secretly smiles at Vincenzo and dares him to shoot. Vincenzo tamps down on his rage and finally lowers his gun, allowing the prosecutors to handcuff him. Ever since Prosecutor Jung found bloodstains in the underpass, he's been keeping tabs on Vincenzo which led him here.

Cha-young meets Joon-woo as he and Myung-hee are leaving the prosecution office. He tries to play innocent and deny his identity, but Cha-young delivers two hard slaps across his face. Even still, Joon-woo begs Cha-young to listen and keeps lying.

She goes off on him for deceiving her all this time but mostly for all the remorseless murders he's committed. Cha-young says he's not even human and doesn't deserve to live. When he again protests his innocence, Myung-hee has to hold Cha-young back from pummeling him.

During Vincenzo's interrogation, Prosecutor Jung notes that Vincenzo's gun and bullets were fake. What's a mafioso doing with a fake gun? Cha-young argues his relation to the Mafia is irrelevant. The fake gun makes his crime intimidation, not attempted murder.

In a flashback, we learn that Vincenzo decided on a new plan. Rather than killing Joon-woo, he'll go by Mafia revenge rules and hit him with his worst fear, exposing his identity. Then, he'll take what he most values: Babel. Also, Vincenzo knows Cha-young would keep fighting Babel alone if he were to kill Joon-woo and leave.

The first step was to use Prosecutor Jung to expose Joon-woo's identity. Vincenzo had known Prosecutor Jung's people were tailing him and made sure to drag out the scene at Joon-woo's until they arrived. Now, Vincenzo and Cha-young argue that they're his only friends in this fight against Babel. Prosecutor Jung looks reluctantly convinced.

When Wusang and Babel hear that Vincenzo was let go due to his fake gun, they assume Prosecutor Jung falsified the evidence. Myung-hee encourages Joon-woo to lay low since Prosecutor Jung is preparing charges against Babel and wants to summon him. Chairman Jang says he'll appear for the summons and suggests Joon-woo hide out at their father's villa.

Now that he has some time, Vincenzo meets with Gilbert to suss out the situation. After ensuring Gilbert told no one but the tenants about the gold, Vincenzo passes over two envelopes stuffed with cash in exchange for Gilbert leaving the area and handing over the worker's phone with the photo of the gold.

Next, Vincenzo meets with the tenants and tries to convince them the photo of the gold was faked and that there is no gold. Mi-ri gives him some serious side-eye but stays quiet. One of CEO Park's employees happens to overhear the talk of gold and goes running to report back to CEO Park.

Afterward, Mi-ri approaches Vincenzo outside of Jipuragi and scares him with talk of a ghost who haunts the basement. She explains he should never dig there unless he wants to be possessed.

Elsewhere, Joon-woo notes with some trepidation how "reliable" Chairman Jang is becoming and leaves things to him temporarily. Chairman Jang is pleasantly surprised when Joon-woo puts him in charge of auctioning off Babel Tower.