Chapter 29: Peace Offering

An entire week had passed since you ran out on Aizawa. A full week of doing everything you could to confront him and apologize but ultimately chickening out and running in the opposite direction every single time you got close to making it to the classroom after hours.

You needed to fix this.

And what did you do when you needed to make amends? Make him food, of course.

It was way too late at night when you crept downstairs, unable to get any sleep because of the unresolved tension between you and Aizawa.

He had been avoiding you but to be fair, you sort of were too. Every time you had training, it was Present Mic that came instead of your guardian. Extra classes with him were replaced with ones under the instruction of Midnight instead and you were miserable.

You missed him.

The playdate with Holly had come and gone. It had been an entire week of this nonsense and every single time you tried to gather up your courage to go see him and apologize, beg him not to give up on you, you backed out.

You couldn't do it.

What would he say? What would you do when he finally said he didn't want to take care of someone so troublesome anymore?

Swallowing your fears, you willed your feet to move. After endless nights of thinking this over, you decided you couldn't wait for this to blow over. You had to be brave and confront him, and apologize for what you did wrong.

Easier said than done.

It being close to four am didn't negate your usual clumsiness and not even a full minute into cooking the gyūdon, you yelped, holding your now burned hand from where you had scalded it against the searing hot pot.

You jumped in surprise as the front door slammed close, bringing your claws out to defend yourself.

"What do you think you're doing, kid?"

The low rough voice edged with weariness made you relax, retracting your claws.

"Aizawa-sensei!!"

He had come in to check-in on his students but he wasn't expecting any of them to be awake at this hour. Much less trying to make food.

"Did you not eat today?" He asked.

"I did!!" You huffed out defensively, avoiding his gaze.

You, in fact, had eaten a total of two eggs and some rice for the whole day, but it wasn't your fault!! This ongoing conflict with him made your stomach hurt and you couldn't keep much down without feeling like you were going to throw up.

The older man rubbed the nape of his neck uncertainly, standing at the edge of the kitchen, not wanting to crowd your personal space.

You fidgeted, discreetly blowing on the burn.

His eyes narrowed, catching the movement without fail.

"You're hurt." He deadpanned disapprovingly and you winced.

Aizawa sighed. "Let me see."

You uncurled your fingers gingerly and he grasped your wrist, tilting it in the light and he frowned as he spotted the red welt on the palm of your hand.

Without a word, he got some ice from the freezer and applied it to your burn. Luckily, it wasn't too bad so hopefully the cold would soothe it enough for there not to be any lasting damage.

Recovery Girl wasn't available right now and Todoroki was sleeping. It wasn't worth waking the boy up from whatever little rest he was able to get just so that he could soothe your burn.