Chapter 46: Game Night with Class A

A sharp knock at the door interrupted him, effectively making the two of you spring apart and shattering the bubble you had been in.

"Downstairs in ten minutes!!!" Hagakure's voice floated through the door as she jumped up and down excitedly outside. "And no excuses, we're playing a game!!"

The rapid footfalls signaled that she had scampered away, presumably to rope the rest of your friends into this little game that she had schemed up on the fly.

You glanced at Ojiro, clapping a hand over your mouth when he stood up and almost tripped.

"I'm sorry—" You giggled, unable to help it at the mock insulted look on his face. "I don't know why I'm laughing!!"

You really didn't. You certainly didn't think it had anything to do with how fast your heart was beating at how close he was to saying something you dearly hoped wasn't a trick of your mind.

You guessed you would never know now.

Timidly taking his hand as he offered it to you, you bit back a smile as he grabbed your favorite plushie and handed it to you.

"We're going down now?" You asked curiously as he led you out and closed the door behind him. "Hagakure said we don't need to be downstairs until ten more minutes."

Ojiro shrugged slightly, giving you a small smile. "I don't want them to take all the good seats."

Throwing your head back, you laughed at the cheeky reply as the two of you made your way to the vacant common floor.

The TVs had been turned off as well as all the lights and you didn't bother turning them on as you got comfortable on one of the couches in the living area.

Five minutes passed.

You wriggled on Ojiro's lap, trying to contain your excitement. It was almost 11 pm at night, way past Bakugou's bedtime, and you were currently keeping yourself occupied until everyone else got down here, wondering what Hagakure had planned for tonight.

Given no other explanation, you played with your lion plushie while you waited for her to come back and explain what was going on.

"Y/N..." Ojiro said with a smile and you froze in place.

Willing your tail to calm down and stop tickling his face, you giggled as he rested his chin on top of your shoulder, your cheeks pinking.

"Sorry..." You said sheepishly but he shook his head.

"It's okay." He chuckled, holding back a fond smile.

You were playing with Koko to keep yourself entertained while you waited and his heart warmed when you dropped a kiss on its fuzzy head. It wasn't as though you didn't use the presents that your friends gave you but this was special because this was the one he had given to you.

And this was the one you held every night before you went to sleep.

Everyone else came in a slow trickle, most of the boys obviously skeptical of how Ashido managed to get them all roped up in it.

"What's all of this about?" Kirishima asked earnestly, pulling his stubborn best friend who was violently protesting the entire way behind him that this was a waste of time and that he needed his sleep.

Somehow, he had managed to bring Bakugou along. You weren't sure that was a win though, with how disgruntled the explosion boy looked from being woken up.

"Why do I have to be here?" Jirou grumbled, dragging her feet as Ashido tugged her along.

"Because~" The pink girl whined. "It'll be fun!!"