Chapter 43: Eri-chan

Now, a week later, you were back at the very same hospital but for very different reasons. Nighteye had made a full recovery, thanks to some of your blood which had an advanced healing property no one was aware of before.

After you quietly admitted to keeping it a secret due to it being one of the reasons the Quirk Traffickers took you, Aizawa told you that you didn't need to apologize and had All Might keep the doctors who transferred the blood off the record so that it couldn't be traced back to you.

Even though Aizawa had been cleared and released within a day or so, thanks to Recovery Girl's quirk, there was still something else he had to do.

He thought it would be a good idea to take you along when he visited the girl they saved. She got scared at everything that moved and was jittery all the time, which was taxing on her already exhausted little body.

He hoped that by seeing you, someone who had also been through something traumatic, you could help her by understanding what a lot of others failed to see.

Look, doctors were great, up until the point where they just couldn't stand on the same ground as the little one.

No one knew what Eri had gone through. Sure, they had the papers and the evidence, enough to lock Chisaki away for life, but that didn't mean they really knew.

They didn't know what it was like to live a day in her life. How traumatizing it must have been for her to get taken apart and put back together again, all for a drug that would only spread chaos in society.

She didn't deserve any of that. And while they all knew that, no one could tell her that without it sounding hollow. Because they didn't know what it was like to live in the same fear that she had felt for every single day of her life.

Which is where you came in.

Yamada was covering his classes for the time being and you hoped no one questioned why you were also absent.

"Yes, it's fine." Aizawa reassured you emotionlessly as he held open the front door for you to let you go in first.

You stepped inside and blended in with those that milled about the hospital, following Aizawa until you came to a stop in front of a quarantined area. Inside a room, sat a little girl on the hospital bed.

Your jaw dropped. "Is that—"

"Yes." Aizawa answered without looking as he signed off on the agreement given to him by the police officers stationed by the door.

After hearing from Holly when you had your playdate together and seeing how you interacted with any kids you came across, he was hoping that your energetic presence would help bring this traumatized little girl out of her shell.

"She's been through a lot, hasn't she?" You asked quietly as you watched Eri fumble with the bandages on her arms and legs, your eyes shining with tears at how clearly it was stressing her out.

Aizawa sighed under his breath, rubbing the back of his neck.

"That would be an understatement." He mumbled.

And that was with only having a fraction of an idea of what had happened to her.

Aiawa motioned for the nurse in the room trying to feed the reluctant girl to step out and she did so with zero hesitation.

"How is she today?" He asked her once she closed the door and you looked around both of them so that you could observe Eri.

The nurse's gaze was sympathetic but it was clear she was at her wit's end. "She's stable and her quirk has not activated once, but she still refuses to eat anything. I'm not sure how much longer we should hold out, I think we should tube feed her unless her vitals are going to drop."