(12). Not now...not here

Mason's POV

I don't want a recruit but Lilith insists that she was good. Renesme is her name, last night she knocked out 6 of my men, she's soft for not killing them though. Something to change in her later but overall she is even more effective than some of my men. I still don't like her she is a woman, even though my sister is in the mafia she only got here because dad left it for both of us and the qualifications are both of us run it together. I hadn't spoken to her at the meeting, I just left it to Lilith....

The mafia is not a place for women.

I am snapped out of my thoughts as my maid Garcia knocks on my office door requesting permission to enter. "Come in Garcia" I speak loud enough for her to hear through the door. I watched her as she entered with my morning coffee, "Good morning Mr. Malcolm, " she greets me with a smile as she leaves my office. She has been working with my family since she was in her twenties, and now even though she is old she still manages the house, just like a grandmother would.

I wonder where my sister is with the recruit, she needs to do the blood ritual as well as getting the crest and code of 'Faventia' tattooed on her body.

I get up from around my desk to take up the coffee Garcia left earlier before it gets cold. They are probably in the house gym seeing that the recruit has to stay in the estate for a week and boxing is her area of choice. She had said she hated guns but this is the mafia she better learn to like them soon. Everyone knows not to bring fists to a gun fight.

I walk down the hallway from my office in the direction towards the gym. I want to see how Lily trains 'the recruit'.

I open the door to the gym. It's pretty quiet in here I guess they are not here anymore as I am about to leave, I hear soft whispers from inside the ring.

My sister was having a full on make out session with the recruit. I know she said it was hard to find girls that she likes but I thought she would know better than to mix business with pleasure. They didn't see me yet so I simply slipped back outside of the gym into the hallway.

My sister knows what she is doing is wrong, and I'm gonna make sure she remembers why.

********************************

"My big brother up so late in the night...what is it like midnight now. What have you been up to all day Renesme haven't gotten to meet you yet.. properly that is" my sister begins talking while hoping on my desk as if she owns the place.

"For your information lil 'sis' some of us actually have business to do speaking of that toy you insist I keep around...tonight is the blood ritual just for her which is like in two hours" yay just what I fucking need a party I don't want to attend. I down the last of my scotch and stand up from my desk to remove my sister from my office.

"The ritual was finished an hour ago......You know Mase one day you are gonna like someone then you'll know how I feel....now come meet Ren" great they have nicknames now next thing you know they wanna get married. She voluntarily gets off my desk and is shooing me out the door towards the party.

"Lilly I could've just showed up late or something you know.." I am cut short when Lilith practically pushed this person onto me...
Great the recruit I shove her off of me quickly so that no one sees me, respect is everything around here.

"Umm nice to meet you Mr.Malcom I'm Renesme " she hesitantly out reached her hand to shake mine.

I grip her shoulder as I lean into her ear..

"Just because I fucking look approachable don't go around thinking I am"

She faltered a bit as her eyes got a little teary but it was gone just as it was there, and with that she just brushed pass me and through the main hall doors.

There she goes proving my fucking point 'Women do not belong in the mafia they get too overly emotional'.

I need a drink ....the whole damn bar is appealing at this point.

Renesme's POV

I know he is my boss now but there was no way I could stand another moment in there with him, I went out of my way to be nice but I guess they hate nice people ..but..there...was no way I was gonna be emotional in there..great now I'm...hyperventilating .....not now ....not here......with that I was slumped on the floor in the hallway.......

*********************************

Where am I, I attempt to lift me head but my body just slumps back down...onto a bed. I take a moment to adjust my eyes to the light as I hear someone in the shower..what the fuck did I do...ugh omg great looks like I'm cheating on Jake once again but the first time wasn't really cheating it was more of an experience. I am stunned as to my surprise Lilith walks out in black lacey lingerie.

"Ren you're awake do you remember anything from last night?" She questions as she moves on top of me to straddle me.

"Umm..not really " .....

A/N I tried I swear ugghh it's so hard to continue to write anyways....next chapter is gonna be about Jake I miss him and jenny👩‍💻❤

Vote and comment whatever