(21). Sweet Sweet Alice

Lilith's POV

"Bobby remember that favor you owe me, I want you to find out for a friend who was behind a shooting at the park today" I know Ren is at the hospital and trying to deal with everything on her own, but I know her as soon as she is assured that Jenny is recovering she is gonna want to know who did it.

"Lily you have no faith in me, we are friends I'll do it even without favors" Bobby is my secret tech wizard, he can find out anything about anyone, a big asset in my line of work.

Not too long after my visit with Bobby Ren texted me about Bobby but when I asked her how she was she just shut me down.....I just hope she is ok.

*

Bobby sent me a sealed file which meant if I opened it he would know And probably blow up my phone so I simply passed it on to Ren as is.

I have to go to the estate to meet with my brother but honestly, I was not looking forward to being in a room with him right now, after he threatened Ren.

***

Lilith did meet with her brother but as they are both now alone in a closed room, with the confession that leaves Mason's mouth. Lilith is sick to the stomach at how evil her brother has become.

"You might as well know from me, I was the one that sent Edd to shoot at Renesme and specifically told him-—" He leans in Lilith's ear as he whispers the last part of the confession. "-—If Renesme hides shoot the little girl"

Lilith is ready to retaliate just hearing him say her name in such a venomous way but her body stiffens as he holds a gun to the center of her spine.

Mason's POV

"Oh so now you're gonna kill your own sister?"

I don't want to hurt you Lily but all she ever does is resent me...I made a few mistakes in the past, yes but I would do anything for Lily, even if it means killing that bitch Renesme. All she does is make her weak.

"Lily can't you see!... Can't you fucking see how weak she has made you...you haven't even grabbed the gun from me yet...this was our basic training, or have you forgotten already?"

I return my gun to my waist, as I step to now be face to face with her.

"She makes you weak Lily, you know what weakness does to people in this business"

" I can't help it Mase I love her, she doesn't make me weak if anything she makes me stronger" she states as she removes the gun from my waist and puts it to my head. "Don't ever talk shit about Ren you don't know her".

"Oh really?"

She lowers the gun as her face holds a defeated expression. "What are you talking about Mase?"

We were interrupted as Renesme herself stormed in with a determined and very angry face.

I know Renesme makes Lily weak because having just spent one night with her she has evaded my thoughts and that in itself is weakness at its roots.

I only sent people to hurt her so that she would break and probably just lose her nice personality become more heartless and not have this effect on me. I am a man of power and as soon as my enemies know she has such effects on me, they won't hesitate to use her against me.

"You fucking asshole why did she have to get shot... Collateral damage my ass... She's only 10,  how could you!!" She shouts at me now all in my face with a storm brewing in her eyes.

"Ren calm down" Lily tries to calm her down by putting a hand on her shoulder which resulted in Ren having her hand now bent behind her back.

"Don't fucking pick up for your boyfriend..all you did was use me"

"Listen, Alice, first of all, release her arm" I ordered with authority in my voice, she hesitated for a while then she let Lily go. " Lilith, out, now'

She knew not to defy my orders so she left.

"What should I do with you now, ever so feisty" I take a seat behind my desk as I look to the sealing with a blank expression on my face.

"You think this is a fucking joke Ma-"

My eyes flicker towards her as my name was almost said from her mouth.

"Call me by my name Alice"

With her red hair radiating as the sun shines through the drapes and reflect off her hair, I was distracted from what she did next.

"Listen...Mason... I know you were the one behind the shooting" she turns me in the chair and pulls me by the tie.

Renesme's POV

I am just so angry but even pulling him by the tie I feel no anger towards him I feel sad and betrayed but no anger.

"Are you dominant or are you just the kinky type?" he smirks as he pulls me onto his lap so that I'm now straddling him. I shift to move away but I could feel him hardening right at my entrance through his pants. "Oh the things you do to me, sweet sweet Alice"

"Let me get up Mason" she pleads with me and I release her. She should have run as my next actions were just inevitable at this point. "I don't care who you fuck, hell we were just a one-time drunk fuck but you do not get kids shot just to get a stupid point!!.... I know you are...." I shut her up by pinning her on the wall a crashing my lips unto hers as we fight each other's mouths as we release our anger, guilt, and frustration into a furious kiss. She bites my lip as we both pull away for air.

"You know I am the boss and I do what I want...and as for the kid my men shot her in the stomach stop whining about it and get out of my fucking office!"

I could see how confused and embarrassed she was by how I am now treating her but I can't allow myself to fall for her. "You're an asshole and one day someone is gonna print it boldly on your forehead..so that you see it every time you look at yourself" and with that, she left.

I'm playing a dangerous game of pass around the knife, for Lilith's sake I'll hold the blade. I will always look out for my sister first before anything else, Renesme coming into our lives will not change that.

A/N Ummm I think the plot is finally building up but ..I'm nervous 😭✋

Remember to vote and comment I appreciate it❤