Chapter 9: Maybe?

"𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔!" that words were heard from the outside of the Dope Sketch. Raiko hurried to see what's going on inside and saw Langa and Reki bowing to their manager, Oka. she chuckled as she ruffled their hair.

"What's going on?" she asked them and looked at her nails. They're about to go to S, but she's contemplating because first of all—she can't face Cherry; that man who'll look like a complete different person at night—because she doesn't want her heart to race again. Second, she's a bit scared because of that text from unknown number.

What if it's true? What if they were not trolling her? What if something bad will happen to her and her friends? She knew that something's off since S is a very dangerous place, she can't guarantee her friend's safety.

Even though they became well known now at that place, she can't easily gamble her life to that place.

"Langa wants to work here, and we're begging Oka to hire him!" Rekj said and pouted, he really want his friend to be hired at the So that the three of them will bond more, and so that reki can teach them how to skate.

"You said that multiple times today, Reki." Oka hesitantly mumbled.

"Please. Please hire him!!" the red haired boy said, as he grabbed Raiko and Langa's head so that they can bow to Oka—as a sign of respect.

The elder sighed and smiled at them, "These  kids," he ridiculed.

"Fine fine, I'll talk to the owner." he agreed, making the three kids look back at him.

"Really?!" they exclaimed in unison.

"But that doesn't mean langa is hired, I still need to talk to the owner."

The three of them did a high five and laughed, "Thank you, Manager Oka!"

"Let's go?" Reki offered his hand to Langa. The sky blue haired boy stared at it for a sec., and immediately held it. Langa offered his hand to Raiko, "Let's go, Raiko." he softly said—making Raiko smile widely.

"Let's go!!" she cheered,

"Bye, Oka-san!!" they bid their goodbye to their manager and made their way to the S.

'Maybe they're right. Nothing's serious about that text' she thought to herself.

Upon arriving at the S, the group was met with curious stares from the surrounding crowd. Raiko had chosen to forego her mask, feeling confident in displaying her true face. She was well aware that Shadow did not want their friendship to be exposed to the public, as he valued his reputation. He had made this clear to her.

As the group made their way through the crowded S, whispers and murmurs followed in their wake. Some speculated about their arrival, while others openly admired them. A few even challenged them to a "beef," eager to test their skills.

Raiko felt a pair of eyes on her, but when she turned to look, she couldn't see anyone out of the ordinary. She muttered under her breath, "What the heck was that?" Reki noticed her unease and asked, "What's wrong, Raiko?" His expression grew concerned as he saw her biting her upper lip nervously.

"Nothing, I just thought someone was staring at me," Raiko quickly answered. Reki smiled at her reassuringly and said, "If you're getting anxious, just let us know, okay? I know you've been through a lot, but you're getting better and making progress." As the best friend of Raiko, Reki was aware of her past trauma and was committed to supporting her through her healing process.