Chapter 7: I want to..

A COZY AND INTIMATE RESTAURANT that exudes a serene and tranquil ambiance. As soon as a customer step inside, they're greeted by the soothing sound of soft jazz music playing in the background. The lighting is dim and warm, with table lamps casting a gentle glow over the wooden tables and chairs.

"It definitely was the right decision to request you. It was popular among the female clients too." the old guy beside Cherry exclaimed while observing the calligraphy samples he made.

Cherry laughed at what he said, "Hahaha, I'll take that as a compliment, Tamashiro-sama!~" he softly said.

They're now at the restaurant of Joe, well as usual—since Cherry always hangs out there and he always nag his friend. But today is not like his usual days, he had to be professional since he have a client who requested him to do a traditional calligraphy for his company.

"I'm honored that you chose me for this project." Cherry smiled at him, as Joe came out and put the old guy's food on their table.

The old guy suddenly remembered that his niece lives on the area, "I want you and my niece to collaborate sometimes. I'm going to set a meeting for the three of us soon." he stated.

"What does your niece do for a living, Tamashiro-sama?" Cherry asked as he drank his coffee.

Tamashiro smiled proudly, "She's just like you, she also loves doing calligraphy—but her specialty is making portrait paintings." he proudly exclaimed.

Cherry chuckled, "Okay then, I'm looking forward on meeting her." he softly spoke.

"Welcome, Tamashiro-sama." Joe greets the old guy, also looking so professional with his chef uniform and his customized apron that made by Raiko.

"I brought you a valuable client of mine, he is a master calligrapher—oh." Mr. Tamashiro was interrupted when his phone rang, he excused himself to answer the phone as he made his way outside.

Joe saw that the old man was outside, "Did you see them too, right? the rookie who handed Shadow a defeat and that girl who almost broke Shadow's board.." he gossiped.

Cherry sighed and smiled sarcastically, "Not now, I'm working, you dimwit." he sternly said.

The green haired guy smirked, "I make the rules inside this restaurant, you cheapskate four-eyes." he uttered as he took the small tomato on his pasta and ate it.

The pink haired guy shrieked and irritatingly tightened his grip to his kimono, "Then if that's the case. Post it outside as well, you feeble-minded gorilla!" he declared and grabbed Joe's plate.

"Give it back, you rotting four eyes! This is why you're single!" Joe spat making Cherry stop on what is he doing.

"What did you just say?!" he asked.

"Oho~ You don't wanna be single anymore, right? You wanted to see that girl again, right? You like her, right?! That's why you kept saying her name last night when we're on our way home, right?!" Joe finally snapped then Cherry blushed and grabbed his collar.

When he reminisced about the previous night, his heart skipped a beat. He remembered how he said Raiko's name multiple times, his voice slurred when he remembered that he indulged in a little too much alcohol.

"D-Don't jinx it, you big ass piece of—" when Cherry was about to spit some profanity towards Joe, Mr. Tamashiro came back with a huge smile on his face. Joe and Cherry immediately came back to their professional posture, good thing Mr. Tamashiro didn't notice that the both of them are mortal frenimies.