Chapter 15: Slow Process

𝐑𝐄𝐊𝐈 𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄, being a (kinda) short-tempered person he is—he followed Miya and wanted to settle things with him, so he also sprinted after the kid. Langa and Reki exchanged worried looks and face palmed. They followed them and saw them having a competition.

"What a pain, Reki is kinda competitive sometimes, huh?" Raiko mumbled, and Langa took a glance at her and smiled, "That's Reki for you." He softly answered.

Miya demonstrated a frontside 360 spin, and Reki warned, "Don't get too overconfident about that simple trick!" before attempting it himself. For the frontside 360 spin, Reki positioned his rear foot on the tail of the skateboard at a 45-degree angle, and then he placed his front foot between the middle of the board and the bolts. With his toe hanging off the board, Reki held onto it tightly as he prepared for the spin.

He prepared his body by bringing his shoulders away from the direction of the spin. He squatted and snapped, and then he did the 360 spin with his board. "Eh~ now let's do the level 2," the kid said, and then he did a manual skateboarding trick and did a 360 backside spin after.

"How's that~?" he asked.

"The audacity?!" Reki said, his voice laced with irritation.

Meanwhile, Langa and Raiko fell behind, "They're getting too far ahead," Langa remarked.

Raiko huffed, "Reki always says we're reckless; well, he's reckless too!"

Langa chuckled, "We're just a bunch of reckless kids who want to have fun." He grabbed Raiko's hand and sprinted towards the two arguing brats.

Miya didn't stop teasing Reki, "Not bad~ now I'll skip level 2 and head straight to level 5!"

"Look how precisely he moves his front foot," Reki mused, feeling a mix of emotions as he watched Miya execute some impressive skateboarding tricks. His foot hooked up to return the half-rotated board to its original position, almost like a Casper adaptation. Miya's moves were truly unique, as one would expect from Japan's skateboarding team.

"Who cares about his moves? I can do that too!" Reki declared with determination as he attempted to mimic the kid's movements, but failed immediately.

Miya chuckled, "My, my, Reki! Those without talent should stay out! Do well next time!" he shouted as he skated further ahead of the redhead.

Reki cursed under his breath, "Damn it." Before Reki could stand up, Raiko zoomed past him and heard Langa shouting.

"Raiko! Wait!" Langa yelled, but she was too stubborn to listen and continued on her way, leaving them behind.

Miya noticed someone approaching him and turned to face them. It was Raiko, with a blank expression on her face. "Eh~? Look who's here~"

"Do you really want to surpass me?" he asked her with a smirk as he focused on the road ahead.

She scoffed, "Are you threatened?" she replied with a question. She lifted her other foot off her board and did a push off, catching up to Miya. "You don't have to be rude to someone you don't know, kid," she said seriously.

The younger one laughed, "Eh~ and who are you to lecture me? And you can't surpass a person like me, just look at you~!" he spat and laughed sarcastically.

"Karma is around the corner, kid." she replied confidently.

"Let's see about that," he retorted.