Chapter 17: Stole a Kiss~

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒, Raiko and Reki have been arguing since earlier. The redhead urged her to switch places with him so that he could fight against the Japanese team's hopeful. Raiko was nervous as she made her way to the location; she even had to tie her hair up into a high ponytail.

"Hey, hey, don't be nervous. Come here, let me tie your hair properly," Cherry spoke up and interrupted the tense argument between Reki and Raiko. She gave him a smile and nodded at him.

"Are you two dating already?" Reki raised an eyebrow at them, as per Langa - he tilted his head facing them. "What? No—"

"Not yet," Cherry interrupted while tying her hair and smiled. Joe made a Shrek meme face and smirked teasingly at them, "Yet? Why not now?" he teased Raiko more.

"You're such a gossip gorilla," Raiko answered and laughed. She was wearing an oversized shirt and cycling shorts along with her Converse that she bought when she got her first salary. Reki also fixed her board, and made Langa a new board. The wheels were adjustable in any angles and very comfortable to ride on.

They laughed at her sudden remarks - but little did Raiko know, while tying her hair, Cherry caught a glimpse of a small part of her scars on her back. His eyes widened, he wanted to ask her about that, but he realized that Raiko must have been keeping it secret - and he didn't want to invade her privacy.

Tonight was a big night, and he didn't want to ask her because it might be a sensitive topic for her. In other words, he respected her and her privacy.

After Cherry tied her hair, they arrived at the main area of the S, which was the starting point of the beef. Cherry asked her, "Are you sure you can do this?" and she responded with her signature cheerful smile, paired with her sleepy eyes, and nodded as she continued walking. Her long ponytail swayed around as a gentle breeze caressed her cheek, bringing a sense of calmness to her.

Cherry sighed and softened his expression, "It seems like you always do reckless things like this, eh?" he said as he followed her.

"You should get used to it," she replied with a cheerful tone. "I don't really like just sitting down and being lazy all day. We need to get into an adventure too, you know!"

Cherry linked arms with Langa and Reki, and they all smiled. "Besides, I'm always with them—and together," she said.

"We do reckless things!" they exclaimed in unison and laughed. "Dang, we practiced that since last night, huh!" Reki proudly said. The pink-haired and green-haired guys smiled at them.

"Okay, alright. Now be careful—okay? Let's go, Reki, Cherry," Joe said as he patted their heads and led them to the area where the participants were doing the beef. Every spot of the road had a CCTV so that the unknown man and his assistant could see them. 

It was like a dance floor for adrenaline junkies, where every move was calculated and every step was taken with caution. They were about to enter this arena of danger, ready to face whatever came their way. It was like walking into a lion's den, but they were determined to come out all good.

"Do your best, Raiko!" Cherry urged with a smile. He lifted his hand and clenched it into a fist, "But don't lose your balance like a tree in the wind. Carla isn't here to help you."

Raiko nodded determinedly, "Ja! Langa, you can go now. I've got this." He patted Kaoru's shoulder, their height difference not too significant.

Cherry smiled and walked away, "Okay. I'll let you two duke it out." He patted Raiko's head and stole a kiss on her cheeks before leaving.

Yes, he just stole a kiss from Raiko. Her cheeks flushed pink as her eyes widened in surprise, looking at Cherry as he walked away. "If you win, I'll give you something precious," he teased with a sly grin as he left the room.

Cherry felt her heart flutter at the thought of winning and receiving something special from Kaoru. It was like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon, ready to take flight and soar like a bird in the sky. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, feeling the adrenaline pumping through her veins as she prepared to face her opponent with newfound confidence and determination.

Cherry came to a sudden halt and turned to face her, "And oh, you're like a ripe peach blushing~" he said with a grin. After that, he finally walked away. Luckily, Cherry's fangirls didn't notice the intimate moment that had just passed between them, or it would have been a disaster.

Raiko tightened her grip on her skateboard and approached Langa. She wished she didn't blush so easily, that she had the ability to keep her emotions hidden. In an instant, her cheeks turned rosy, and Langa noticed. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, sensing her unease. "Nothing, I'm just nervous," she stuttered a bit before shrugging off her silly thoughts. Some stared at her, not only because of her appearance but also because of the intensity of her blushing.

She had zero experience in this area. Half of her felt butterflies in her stomach; half of her was the feeling of embarrassment. It was like a rollercoaster ride of emotions that left her feeling dizzy and disoriented.

"Let's give it our all, Raiko." Langa said in his distinctive accent, this time in English, and it brought a sense of comfort to Raiko. "Good luck to us." she replied, in English too.

"Onēsan~ you look stunning tonight~" Miya smirked, revealing his pearly whites. This time, Raiko couldn't help but feel a little uneasy.

Miya was like a blazing sun, scorching everything in his path. But Langa was a raging storm, fierce and unpredictable. Raiko was caught in the middle, unsure of what to feel.

"Don't be too confident, Miya." Langa glared at the boy, but Miya remained unfazed. "I wouldn't be so cocky if you were better than me," he retorted.

As Langa moved closer to Miya, Raiko grabbed his hand, stopping him in his tracks. "Let him be," she softly said, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "Hey, hey. If we win, you have to be respectful to everyone, alright?" she offered, making Miya scoff.

"As if you can win against me," the kid said and took his position. It was like watching a cheetah and a lioness prepare for their hunt; both were equally formidable foes. But only one could emerge victorious.

As the clock struck midnight, a statuesque woman with breasts as ample as melons stood a few meters away, waiting to hoist the flag as the game commenced. 

Langa, Miya, and Raiko exchanged furtive glances as the girl swallowed hard and prayed to the gods for guidance. "Please please please let us win.." Her legs trembled, the icy night breeze intensifying her jitters. Her stomach churned with butterflies, making her legs quiver slightly.

On the opposite side, Cherry, Joe, and Reki fixated their gaze on the expansive screen in front of them. "I'm genuinely anxious for them, particularly for Raiko. The time she practiced was too short for this kind of beef," the lunkhead remarked. The pink-haired lad chuckled, "Don't fret about her."

"Why is that?" Reki and Joe inquired simultaneously.

"I trust her." he replied confidently.