Chapter 27: Raiko's Point Of View

𝐊𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐊𝐎'𝐒 𝐄𝐅𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐖𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄, and of course; I began to feel a sense of unease creeping into my heart. I saw Kiriko's advances as a storm cloud gathering on the horizon, threatening to darken the skies of my man's heart once again.

I also saw Kiriko's attempts as a weed that threatened to choke the life out of Cherry's heart, leaving it barren and lifeless once more.

What is her intention? Did she really loved Cherry?

I knew that I had to protect Cherry's heart from the storm that was brewing within it.  But as Kiriko's advances grew more and more persistent, I found myself growing increasingly jealous and frustrated.

"Princess." Cherry's voice echoed; making me snap from reality. "Yes, Kaoru?" I responded.

"I noticed that you were quiet the whole trip, are you okay?" he asked.

Oh yeah. We packed in silence while we rode back to my house, and now we're at the living room. I didn't noticed that I was silent the whole time because of my thoughts.

Cherry turned to me, "Hey, are you okay?" he cupped my face, resulting me to face him. Cherry's skin was as delicate as a flower petal, with a porcelain-like complexion that seemed almost too fragile to touch.

I want to stare at his face forever.

"Honestly," I replied firmly as I met Kaoru's gaze head-on. "I'm not jealous, but I am envious. Envious that your ex, Kiriko, still has a chance with you."

Cherry looked taken aback by my sudden confession, but I didn't hold back. "I wanted to talk about this earlier," I continued earnestly, "but since you already said that you love me... I thought that I might be asking for too much."

I didn't want any secrets between us; I believed in transparency in our relationship. Now, I decided not to hide my feelings from him any longer. I wanted him to know where I stood regarding Kiriko's advances towards him a while ago.

"I'm sorry I made you feel that, princess. It wasn't my intention, I promise." Cherry's words were reassuring, but I couldn't shake off the feeling of unease. "I love you, Kaoru." I said softly, "But I can't help feeling this way. I want to trust you, Kaoru, but it's not easy when your ex is still trying to win you back."

Kaoru took my hand in his, "I understand your concerns, and I want you to know that I value our relationship more than anything. I'm committed to you, princess, and I won't let anything come between us."

His words brought some comfort, but I couldn't help feeling apprehensive about Kiriko's persistence. I knew I had trust issues, but I also knew I had something special with Cherry, something worth fighting for.

"Raiko, I know this is hard for you. But please, trust me. Okay?" Cherry softly said, "I want to spend forever by your side, princess. I love you."

His words warmed my heart, and I felt a sense of peace wash over me. Cherry's love was real, and I knew that deep down, I would do anything to protect our relationship.

As the days passed, Kiriko's advances towards Kaoru became more persistent, and I found myself struggling with my insecurities once again. I tried to ignore it, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to do so.

One evening, as we were sitting on the couch watching a movie, Kaoru's phone rang. It was Kiriko. My heart sank as I saw Kaoru's expression change from relaxed to tense.

"Hey, Kaoru," Kiriko's voice was sweet and coaxing, "I was wondering if you wanted to grab dinner with me tonight? I've missed you, and I want to catch up."

Kaoru scoffed before responding, "Don't bother me anymore, Kiriko. Get a life."

Kiriko's tone changed, "Oh, I see. Well, I hope you're happy, Kaoru. I guess I'm not good enough for you anymore~ Are you with that bitch?"

The way she said it made my blood boil. I couldn't stand the thought of her trying to make me feel inferior, and I knew I had to put a stop to it. I took his phone and end the call.

"Kaoru," I said firmly, "I've heard enough. You don't have to put up with her disrespect. You're with me, and that's all that matters."

Kaoru looked at me, surprised but grateful for my support. "Thank you, princess. I appreciate it more than you know."

From this moment on, I made it clear to Kaoru that I was not going to tolerate any more of Kiriko's attempts to come between us.

I was determined to stand by his side, no matter what disturbance we'll face.