Chapter 24: Past Lover

𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐊𝐎 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒, her skateboard a symphony of smooth, rhythmic sounds, she couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia. It had been a week since her injury alongside Reki, and she was finally back to skating as she used to.

"Good morning, Raiko and Langa!" Reki exclaimed, offering them a high-five.

The trio set off, their wheels rolling in unison. Langa pulled out a water bottle and took a swig, capping it before looking back at Reki and tossing it to him. "Any plans for today?" Langa asked.

Raiko smiled. "Not much."

"Let's practice again and ditch classes?" Reki suggested, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Sure! Let's!" Langa grinned and agreed. They spotted a downhill spot with a rail and Reki bounded ahead, leaping onto the rail and sliding down it with effortless grace. He stopped at the bottom, gazing up at Langa who stood atop the hill.

Langa skated down the slope with a smile on his face, turning a sharp right as he ascended the ramp like a rocket blasting off into space. He skated up the side of the wall, his fingers brushing against the red spray-painted star as he landed on the ground with a flourish that left Reki gaping in amazement.

Raiko watched in admiration and offered Reki a chance to try it out for himself. The red-haired boy nodded eagerly and set off down the hill, turning a sharp right as he ascended the ramp like a bird soaring into the sky. 

He skated up the side of the wall, his fingers brushing against the red spray-painted star as he landed on the ground with an exhilarating rush that left Raiko cheering in delight.

"You did it!" Langa cheered, "Wohooo, the hardwork paid off!" Raiko celebrated.

"Woah! That was so cool!" some kids behind them said.

"I had no idea a person could skate that high!" another kid said.

The trio tittered and chortled as they sauntered towards Dope Sketch, their laughter echoing through the streets. It was as if a flock of playful birds had taken flight, their melodious chirps filling the air.

"Whoever arrives late will be the one who's paying for our food!" Reki said as he speed up his skate.

The way they skate were light and carefree, as if they were dancing rather than skating. It was as if they were lost in a world of their own, oblivious to the hustle and bustle of the city around them.

As they approached their destination, their excitement grew, and their laughter became more boisterous. It was as if they had discovered a hidden treasure, and they couldn't contain their joy.

"Ha! Langa arrived late again!" Reki exclaimed and Langa rolled his eyes. "As usual." he said.

Raiko just giggled as they pushed open the doors of Dope Sketch, and the sound of music filled their ears. It was like a symphony had begun, with each beat of the bass drum sending shivers down their spines.

"Good thing we are closed for today! We could spend the rest of the day here," the red-haired boy said as he examined his skateboard. 

"Is the bar open?" Langa asked. 

Dope Sketch has a secret bar where the only person that could only go is those who has loyalty card. 

"I think so, I could hear the music downstairs." Raiko said as she got up and led the way into the secret bar downstairs.