Chapter 14: Miya Chinen

"𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐇, 𝐈 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒" Reiki muttered while munching his sandwich, "Miya Chinen invited Langa to S to have a beef with him!" he excitedly said.

"For real? That's cool!" Raiko exclaimed.

They were now at their school during lunchtime. Langa was currently watching a skating film while Reiki and Raiko ate their food. "Say, Langa. Aren't you nervous?" She asked, and the sky blue-haired boy faced her, caressing her head.

"Why would I be nervous? I'm just going to skate against Miya." He calmly said, smiling at her.

"And oh, Miya said he wants you to have a beef with him too, so it'll be a two versus one beef. Exciting, isn't it?" He added.

"Yeah, yeah—WHAT DID YOU SAY??" Raiko almost spitted her drink on Reiki, thankfully she had already swallowed it. "Reki! Why didn't you tell me about this one?!" She protested.

Reiki fumbled with his calloused fingers and mumbled, "Well.. You didn't ask.. So.." Raiko face palmed and sighed, "Let's practice more from now on. When is the beef anyway?"

"He said he'll inform us if he's ready—and I told Langa not to accept his offer, but he is too stubborn!" Reiki ranted and took a bite of his food. "And you know what? That kid called me a slime?! How dare he!" He added and continued eating.

"Whatever you say, Reki. Still going to do it." Langa blankly said and leaned his head on Reki's shoulder.

Raiko bit her lip and her heart suddenly raced, this is it—her past years of practicing skateboard will be showing its result. She felt very tensed just by thinking about it, she's kind of nervous but at the same time excited.

"Welp, I'll do it, too." she stated.

"What?! Not you being cocky!!" Reki spat, he didn't want both Langa and Raiko to come back to S anymore, not because they became famous but he value their safety since he knew that S is a dangerous place.

Langa rolled his eyes at Reiki's outburst. "Calm down, Reiki. Miya's just trying to get under your skin. It's all in good fun."

Raiko looked at Langa skeptically. "But why does he want to have a beef with us? We're not even in the same league as him."

Langa shrugged. "Maybe he wants to challenge himself against stronger opponents. Or maybe he just wants to prove something to himself."

Reki scoffed. "I don't care about his reasons. Let's beat him!"

Raiko sighed and shook her head. "Guys, can we focus on practicing instead of arguing? We need to be at the top of our game if we want to win against Miya and his team."

Langa nodded in agreement. "She's right. Let's not waste our time bickering. Let's use this opportunity to improve our skills and come out good."

Reiki's expression was one of concern as he watched Langa and Raiko discussing their strategies for the skateboarding beef. He couldn't help but feel a little apprehensive about their readiness for the challenge. 

After all, Langa and Raiko were still relatively new to this, and Reki had seen firsthand how skilled Miya Chinen were. He knew that they would need to be at the top of their game if they wanted to come out good. 

Langa sat properly and held Reki's left hand, "Hey now, just trust us—we can do it!" he excitedly uttered, raiko patted reki's head and smiled at him. "Yeah yeah, just trust us, Reki-kun. We can do it!" she assured him.