4. Mice

(Before we start I wanna say thank you for 1K reads! I really appreciate the support! Okay, let's get started!)

"So...how long have you lived here, Coraline?" I asked trying to change the conversation.

"Oh, about five years" Sho answered as she turned her attention to me. (They're like 15 in this)

"Well, do you like living here?" I asked.

"It's...nice" She trailed off.

"Anything interesting happen?" She looked around nervously. Even glancing at Wybie who shook his head immediately, turning pale.

"Nope"

"You're lying..." I stated. It was obvious by the way they had exchanged looks.

"No, we're not. Why would you think that?" Coraline asked.

"The way you looked at each other. Wybie even shook his head" I answered as I crossed my arms.

Coraline glared at Wybie and that's when I knew something was up. I stood up, hoping to look serious.

"Fine! Then don't tell me, I'll be leaving now" I stated as I began walking towards my apartment.

"Wait!" Wybie shouted. I turned to him and raised an eyebrow.

"We can't tell you because of Wybie's grandma" Coraline explained.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked in confusion.

"My grandma, w-well she's very strict about certain things. And she d-doesn't want anyone to know about it" Wybie answered.

"It isn't something...dangerous, right?" I asked.

"Not anymore. You don't have to worry about it" Coraline said.

"Oh...sorry" I apologized awkwardly.

"Y-you don't have to apologize, you did n-nothing wrong!" Wybie said with a smile.

"Well...I mean I jumped to conclusions and I pushed you to answer something that you weren't comfortable with. I shouldn't have done that" I said in an apologetic tone.

"We don't blame you," Coraline said.

"Caroline!" I jumped at the sound of a new voice. I looked up and saw a man at the top apartment. He had a mustache and oddly blue skin. He wore blue shorts and a white tank top with a medal on it.

I looked closer and noticed it was the medal of Chernobyl liquidators. They were given to military people who took care of the consequences of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. That explains why he's blue...

"It's still Coraline, Mr. Bobinsky" Coraline said.

"Who is this girl?" The so-called Mr. Bobinsky asked as he jumped down from the apartment. That was dangerous. I noticed he had a Russian accent.

"I'm new here, my name's Y/N," I said with a wave.

"Ah, shame on you, Caroline. You weren't going to introduce me to a new neighbor" Mr. Bobinsky said as he shook his head. "I'm sure she'd want to see my mouse circus"

"Well, i-is it fi-finished yet?" Wybie asked.

"It was, but I have a few more last-minute tricks" Mr. Bobinsky. If it wasn't finished...why did he ask?

"Well, you should probably work on that" Coraline suggested.

"Right you are, Caroline," Mr. Bobinsky said. He jumped up to his apartment. How on Earth did he do that?

"Y/N! Dinner is ready" My mama called.

"Oh, I have to go," I said as I made my way back to the house.

"W-will you be o-out tomorrow?" Wybie asked.

"Yes, I think so," I said with a smile.

I walked into the house and saw dinner on the table. I sat down and noticed Mom and Mama were giving me a look.

"What?" I asked.

"You've just got everyone falling for you," Mom said.

"Wha? You mean Coraline and Wybie?" I asked in shock. They nodded. "They're just friends! Besides, we just met"

"We saw the way they looked at you when you walked in, they're head over heels for you" Mama stated. I rolled my eyes, they always do this...

"Sure, they are," I said sarcastically. I began to eat, completely brushing off my parent's comments.

There's no way they like me...

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)