5. Fight

I woke up to a weird sound at my window. It sounded like knocking, but it was soft. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and groaned as I sat up.

When I looked at the window I was surprised to see Charlie the cat. He was sitting there patiently, just staring at me. I went over and opened the window.

"Shouldn't you be at Wybies?" I asked. He gave me a look, surprising me. I mean he was a cat afterall.  "Oh, sorry I forgot you were a wildcat"

Charlie jumped on my lap and I let my hand pet his soft fur. He purred and closed his eyes. He jumped when there was a knock at the door. He stealthily jumped out the window, leaving me quite confused.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's Mom" The person answered. I got up and opened the door. "I just wanted to let you know that breakfast is ready"

"Alright, I'll be down in a minute. Thank you" I sent Mom a smile and then closed the door. I walked over to my closet and picked out a simple F/C T-shirt and a pair of jeans (F/C= Favorite Color)

I walked out of my room and over to the bathroom. I brushed my hair and teeth and left the bathroom.

I walked down the creeky old steps and into the kitchen. I smiled at my parents who were currently making the plates. They had made chocolate chip pancakes with orange juice.

I helped them pour the juice and set the table, then we all sat down.

"Oh, your friends wanted to know if you were coming out today?" Mama asked. I smirked, finding the perfect opportunity for a joke.

"Mama, I came out when I was twelve" I said. Mama snorted and Mom almost spat out her orange juice.

"Alright, that was pretty good" Mama said. I looked over at the clock and saw it was 10:00 AM.

"When did they ask?" I questioned.

"Around 9 AM today. It was quite unexpected, I think we were right when we said they liked you" Mom stated.

"They're probably just early birds" I said, trying to come up with any excuse I could find.

"So, is there a reason you don't want them to like you?" Mom asked.

"I mean, they're great friends, don't get me wrong. But, we just met and I would like to get to know them a bit more before anything was to happen" I explained. "Also, didn't you guys say I wasn't allowed to date until I was 30?"

"That was when you were ten and they seem like nice people" Mama said.

"I think I'm gonna try and at least get settled into this new place before starting any sort of relationships...that's the right move right?" I asked.

"It's all up to you, sweetheart. Whatever you think is best for you" Mom said as she got up to put her plate in the sink.

I finished the rest of my orange juice and put my dishes in the sink. I looked out the window and saw Wybie and Coraline. They seemed to be arguing about something. I walked out and they didn't seem to notice.

"I-I saved y-you that d-day! The least y-you could do is-" Wybie began.

"Hey, guys...what's wrong?" I asked with a nervous laugh. They looked my way and their angry expressions immediately left.

"Oh, nothing" Coraline answered. That's a lie...

"Um... Wybie, your cat, Charlie, was at my window this morning" I informed, trying to brush off the tension of the argument.

"Oh, s-sorry. He did that to C-Coraline when she first m-moved here too" Wybie said as he rubbed his neck.

"I don't mind, he's good company, y'know for a cat" I said with a smile. "Anyways, do you guys go to the same school as me?"

"There's only one school that close enough for the bus to pick us up. But, it's a pretty boring school. Everyone has to wear gray uniforms" Coraline explained.

"Gray? They couldn't have picked something more...I don't know, not gloomy?" I asked, suddenly growing less excited for the school experience. "Lemme guess, the girls uniform is a skirt and the guys is pants?"

"Y-yeah, but at least y-you'll have us!" Wybie beamed trying to brighten the mood.

"You're right! Let's make the most of it!" I said optimistically.

Mental note to myself; don't leave them alone together...

(Hope you enjoyed it! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)