2. Charlie the Cat

"Mama! Mom! I'm home" I called as I walked through the door. Mama was putting things away in the kitchen, but I wasn't sure were Mom was.

"Hey, sweetie! Did you have fun?" Mama asked.

"Yeah! I walked around for awhile. Then  I found a well and then I met this boy named Wybie!" I explained.

"Ooh, a boy?" I heard Mom said as she walked in.

"Yes, a boy" I said.

"Do you like him?" She asked with a smirk.

"Mom! Stop. We just met" I said in embarrassment.

"Alright, alright. But didn't the owners tell us there were two kids our daughter could play with. What was the other girls name? Caroline?" Mom asked Mama.

"No, no. I think it was Coraline" Mama corrected.

"Oh yeah! Wybie told me about her! She was his first friend" I piped up.

"Oh, so are you gonna start crushing on two people?" Mama asked playfully.

"H-hey! I haven't even met Coraline yet! And Wybie is just a friend" I stated growing flustered.

"Then why are you blushing so much?" Mom asked.

"C-cause you put me on the spot!" I defended.

"Okay, okay. We're done" Mom said with a light laugh.

"Well, its still light outside. You could go meet this Coraline girl. Y'know, the more friends the better!" Mama said enthusiastically.

"Okie dokie! Thanks mom, thanks Mama!" I said happily.

I walked out of the apartment once again. I walked down the path for a bit and then ran into Wybie. Like literally, we both fell to the ground.

"W-wybie! I'm so sorry!" I apologized. I stood up and dusted off the dirt on my clothes. I held my hand out to help Wybie up and he sent me a genuine smile.

"No, don't worry. I wasn't looking where I was going" Wybie said as he tilted his head a bit. Following the action, he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. He's so adorable!

"Let's not argue over who's fault it is. I was actually hoping to meet Coraline!" I said happily.

"Oh...you were" Wybie said as his smile faded.

"What's wrong?" I asked in concern.

"N-nothing...I was just thinking we could...talk some more...like just me and you...not her" Wybie said as he crossed his arms.

"W-well...I suppose we could, but why not include Coraline?" I asked raising an eyebrow I'm confusion.

"I-I don't know. I just thought it would be nice. If you don't want to though...that's fine I guess" He said growing upset. I immediately felt horrible.

"Oh no no no! Wybie, don't be sad. I would love to talk to you. We can talk about anything you want" I said as I tried to make up for my previous actions.

"Well...wh-what's your favorite animal?" Wybie asked.

"Cats" I answered. Suddenly, I felt something furry walk beside my leg. I looked down and saw a black cat. "Aww, what a cutie!"

"Oh, that's Charlie! He's an outdoor Cat. I feed him though. And sometimes he brings me presents...like dead animals if you didn't know" Wybie said as he picked up Charlie.

"He's so adorable!" I beamed. I began to pet Charlie, to which he purred.

I didn't notice the obsessive look in Wybie's eyes as he stared at me...

(Hope you enjoyed! As always have a good day/night! TOODLES!!!)