the teachers

chapter twenty-eight; the Teachers

"THIS IS MAD. Who'd wanna be taught by me?" Harry shouted in question.
The group of six walked in the snow, towards a place Stella had no idea what was called.

"Everyone would love to be taught by me. If you're not up to it, I'd gladly take up both spots." Eli smirked, taking the lead.

"Why are we still here?" Leo asked.

"I literally have been asking myself the same thing." Ham responded, "I think I'll take the next train back to Muggle Land, before instead of getting shot, I get cursed."

"'Hog's Head'" Stella read aloud. "What a peculiar name."

"I didn't know that word was in your vocabulary." Leo and Ham snickered.

Eli fell back, nudging Harry, "c'mon bud. Wouldn't it be the fun to finally take charge. You look like a kid who was always in the center of attention, I'm sure they'll listen to you."

"I'm a nutter, remember?" He said dryly.

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face."

"Thanks, Ron."

"I'm here for you mate."

"I told you his sass was impenetrable!" Stella whispered to the two boys.

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?"

"Just a couple of people." Hermione replied.

Ron opened the door, "lovely spot."

"Well, could you really expect much with a name like that?" Stella mumbled.

"Oh my gosh, there's a goat." Leo hurriedly dashed after the goat.

"Thought it'd be safer off the beaten track." She said as they all piled in.

It was completely silent when everyone else arrived.

"'Just a couple of people', huh?" Stella looked around the room, immediately frowning from the lack of Draco and his buddies.

Hermione stood after a moment of everyone staring at the group.
"Hi. So you all know why we're here." She looked at everyone eyes, "we need a teacher."

Eli, behind her, cleared his throat, giving her an expectant look.

"Teachers*" She corrected, refusing to glance at Eli and give him the satisfaction of being annoyed. "Proper teachers. Ones who have had the experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" A boy in the front asked.

"Shut up, that's why yo momma fat." Abraham stuck his tongue out.

"'Why?' Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot." Ron retorted.

Stella slapped Abraham, who was already taking out a notepad and a pen, "WRITE 📝 THAT 📝 DOWN 📝"

"Toss- ✍️ pot ✍️" he said, writing it down along with the many other British slang he's heard, so that he could practice.

"So he says."

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione quickly says back.

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?" Imagine not believing the chosen one🥱

But Harry only keeps glancing up and down, looking like he's in the principals office and his mom is trying to convince the principal that he didn't do it,, like sir? Please stop looking guilty🙄