table decoration💐

STELLA'S LAUGHTER ECHOED THROUGH THE ROOM.

"Shh." The other person in the room said.

"Sorry." She murmured.

Stella and the gang were back in Hogwarts, ready to kick wizard butts and study hard. The last part mainly 

But neither of those things was really on her mind when she met eyes with a familiar platinum blond-haired classmate. She found herself needing a release. A temporary escape from reality.

Stella tipped her head back, allowing him more access as he continued to kiss her neck.

"Why do you think the Grinch loves onions so much?"

He groaned at the sudden change of mood. "Stella..."

"It's a genuine question, Dean."

"Well," Dean lifted her hands to her cheeks (her face ones) and squished them, "I imagine he enjoys the bitter taste of them."

"I have a confession." She said, her voice sounding different because of his hand placement.

Dean patiently waited for her to continue.

"I've never seen a single Grinch movie."

"Why not?"

"His face scares the life of me."

He nodded like it was a reasonable explanation. "I've never heard about him until you mentioned him."

She frowned, "aren't you a half-person like me?"

"Muggle. Half-muggle."

Dean dropped his hands from her face and into his front pockets. Stella stared at him.

He was attractive. And so was she. Luckily for her, there was a mutual attraction and it led to broom closets and sneaking into the Gryffindor's boy's rooms shortly before the break had started, and now it was becoming more frequent. It was fun. Exciting. The thrill of hiding it from everyone gave her a rush of adrenaline. 

It was something different.

The classroom door opened and light flooded in. Both of them turned to see who had entered, neither scared of being caught. Dean was nonchalant and so was Stella, in her own right.

Eli leaned against the doorframe, looking at the two of them in mock disappointment.

"It's been less than twenty-four hours and you two are already at it again." He shook his head. "Students are still piling in. Unbelievable."

Dean shrugged and Stella smiled.

Don't get it twisted, the two were still frenemies, but there are those familiar moments between friends that despite being mad at each other, one of them can't help but smile back.

"What's up, Eli." Dean waved a hand in greeting.

Eli sighed dramatically, "nothing much."

"What brings you around this dark-lighted classroom?" Stella asked, hopping onto a desk.

"Hermione mentioned the big guy's back."

"Hagrid?" Dean questioned.

He nodded in confirmation.

Stella hopped right off of the desk, grabbing her cloak. "Well, let's so see him!" She turned to Dean, "see you later."

She didn't wait for a reply, walking out with Eli a few steps behind. When he caught up, they stayed in silence.