17

••3 DAYS LATER••

A lot has changed in 3 days. Us messengers, excluding Rowan and Cassiopeia, have our own apartment in Insetile City right next to Arabelle's. Nick had been showing some small improvements, including being able to stay awake for 2 hours without blacking out. Not much, but improvement. Really proud. Priorities, people.

We all knew we wouldn't be staying at this apartment very much. We were all waiting for various texts from Tigris, the official of the messaging department, saying that we would need to go explore some obscure place far from headquarters and even Insetile City. We would need to cross oceans, rainforests, tundras, mountains, and more, but that's all that the officials know so far.

Us messengers are going on expeditions. Cassiopeia will help, of course, and Rowan, who didn't want to be messenger, will come along with us. Our only wild card here was Arabelle. Who even knew what Arabelle would do.

Cassiopeia was attempting to conjure a magic beanbag chair out of various things such as old couches.

"Oh honey you will love this!" Cassi smirked as a pink, bubbly explosion came from the corner of our tiny living room. A fluffy galaxy-print beanbag appeared. Strawberry ran head first into it but somehow missed and partially hit the wall. How did she manage to do that? That beanbag chair is huge. A few seconds later, Cassiopeia was extremely pissed as Bob and Paul were tackling Strawberry on the floor. Strawbs is good at keeping up bromances. She never needs to try to get a guy to like her, platonically or romantically. It just happens. She's like a dude whisperer.

I was sandwiched on the couch between Alex and Nick. So much fun. Someone will make a "bunking up" joke very soon. But not now. Our little 4-room apartment was somewhat crowded, but we all agreed not to make a complete mess out of anything so it doesn't seem even more crowded. The worst was that we had to all share 2 bedrooms. Strawberry and I couldn't get our own this time. She actually volunteered to share a room with Bob and Paul. But nothing's permanent. We were originally planning on a girls room and a guys room, but Cass isn't staying with us so someone thought it would be unfair if there were 2 girls and 4 guys--

I'm going on a rant. I'm sorry.

Alex was quietly checking his twitter, but not replying to anyone or doing anything other than just checking his notifications. One accidental click and the sketchiness levels could be up again. I wanna check TMZ. Or NME. Because I just wanna see all the rumors about Baltimore and Indianapolis and why we never showed up to Chicago. I don't. I stay oblivious. I don't want more stress.

"We should figure out this entire sleeping arrangement." Alex decided suddenly.

"I CALL BEANBAG." Strawberry's voice was muffled in the fluffy beanbag chair.

"No way honey I HAVE BEANBAG FOREVER!" Paul was getting mad again.

"How about we all share it?" Bob suggested.

"No. NO. NOT A GOOD IDEA." I hissed.

"You're right, we do have like 2 couches." Alex laughed.

"No. Beanbag." Nick said suddenly.

"I don't think you should be anywhere other than where you are right now." I smiled softly.

Cassiopeia was working on making the beanbag chair bigger. I'm so proud of her increasing magic skills.

"Cassie... You don't have to do anything to the beanbag. You're launching Strawberry into the ceiling at the speed of iggy aziggy." Paul smirked as Strawberry hit the wall again.

"THE LAW OF CONSERVATION OF MASS!" Rowan suddenly screeched.

"This is magic. I don't have time for science!" Cassiopeia did a small twirl in her 1930s style dress.

Sometimes I forget Cassiopeia is 10. Sometimes I forget she's really almost 90 years old but was cursed by some dark magic side effects. Weird to think I'm 8 years older than her but also around 70 something years younger than her.

Once Strawberry wasn't being launched into the wall, the beanbag took up most of this small bedroom. Someone had to claim it as their own.

"Since I've been launched into the ceiling and/or oblivion because of this beanbag, I'm claiming it as my own." Strawberry declared.

"You can't just do that?! What about Cool Squad 5Ever?" Bob chirped.

"Um, this is Cool Squad 5Ever's room then. Heh. Glasie, you and your Loser Crew 3Ever can go take the other bedroom. There's a couch or something in there."

Really, truly, I didn't even care. Strawberry might as well just completely trash that beanbag with pop tarts and capri suns.

After a few hours of couch arrangement, Alex and I had created the coziest-looking couch bed ever. We collected the 2 couches from the other bedroom, which was completely filled with the beanbag chair, and arranged all 4 couches in a square. We then made a blanket nest, and it was almost as good as the beanbag chair.

No one did much that day except sit on the beanbag chair and play mario kart. There really was nothing else to do, because we haven't gotten any messages from officials about what we were supposed to be doing. And of course all Nick could do was sit on the couch while Strawberry bragged about her amazing beanbag and Cassiopeia felt really bad for not being able to make another one. I could tell Rowan was uncomfortable from all of the magic in the apartment. She was strictly science, and that was all. Cass wasn't very fond of science but still used it sometimes, because you know, technology, and appreciated that Rowan was doing all she could to help Nick because her magic wasn't strong enough yet.

It always seemed like Strawberry was tackling someone on the ground. I guess no one really liked being pushed into oblivion while playing on rainbow road. But this time she ended up with diddy kong instead of luigi and was mad about her life choices.

My phone went off.

//A/N i think I'll just end this chapter here bc why would you want to read about strawberry tackling people//