32

GLASIE'S POV

"You're gonna make it. You're gonna make it."

I was attempting to reassure Nick, and myself, that everything was going to be fine, although I knew that it most likely wasn't. I was sitting on a bunk bed while Nick was blacked out and Rowan refused to help in any way.

//STRAWBS//: u ok?

//GLASIE//: yeah thanks

//STRAWBS//: u wanna talk or smth?

//GLASIE//: yeah whatever

//STRAWBS//: top bunk

//GLASIE//: ok

I climbed to the top bunk, where I found Strawberry playing Mario Kart DS.

"What's up Glas?" Strawberry quickly put her pink 3DS down and moved over so I could sit next to her.

"Nothing really..."

"You sure?"

"Not exactly."

"Listen, Glas... It's all gonna be okay. Ace is back in home dimension. Ryan isn't a threat. Aehlocai... Well let's just pretend she died or something. And Nick's okay. This has all happened before."

"Yeah... Maybe I could ask Cassi to help!"

"Calm down, Glasie... In a couple hours we'll be back at the apartment and everything will be fine."

"Yeah."

//•• ANOTHER POV ••\\

I'm the most enthusiastic boy in the void. It's only been me for years now. No one to talk to. Yes or no answers. That's how it's been for almost 80 years. I died in 1938. I was just a 14 year old boy learning about magic. Of course, Cassiopeia was much better at magic, she was the real target. She was always a target, until the new messengers took over. I think I like the new messengers. I like Glasie's loyalty, Alex's honesty, Paul's sense of rebellion, Strawberry's playfulness, Bob's calmness, and Nick's kindness. They're all so cute, honestly. I wish I could have met them... But I'm trapped in this magic 8 ball.

••ANOTHER (3RD PERSON) POV••

"So... Can you start with Happy Box?"

"Can't. Not yet."

"Why?"

"You have to work on.. Uhm..." Rowan looked over at the puddle of blood quickly forming on the ground.

"Right. Right."

"I'll help if--"

"Dude, what's wrong?"

"Actually, A LOT."

"Can you tell me...?"

"Arabelle... I think you would know this by now."

"Oh."

"The kids keep doing stupid things and..."

"Yeah."

"I honestly want to go back to helping people. Usually, once I save someone, I tell them my story and leave... But I've become so attached to this squad..."

"That's alright! You really need some permanent friends."

"They are my friends! I just need to go back to being a rebel. Then again, this break was good. But I lost my fake job. Can't go back to the hospital any time soon."

"Well... I could take care of Nick if you want! And Cassi can stay with me too! You can go adventuring whenever."

"I guess that could work."