1

GLASGOW:

"When I woke up tonight I said-" I couldn't even finish singing the lyrics because Strawberry texted me.

STRAWBS: heeeey FF is on tour and I got tickets!!

GLASIE: WHAT?!

Yes, I love Franz Ferdinand. Yes, my name is Glasgow Alexandria. You know, just two casual cities that happen to be Franz Ferdinand references. At least Ithaca isn't in there.

Anyway, I needed to get to Strawberry's place. She would provide me with details.

Halfway down the road to Strawberry's place. I ran into a boy I knew from school. His name is Ace. It's my job as Baltimore's best heartbreaker to use my skills.

So you're asking, "how did this little girl, who's 5'3, wearing a baggy sweatshirt, whose name is Glasgow, who has short, fluffy, average brown hair, become the suburbs of Baltimore's best heartbreaker? How come Strawberry, who's 5'7, blonde, attractive, likable, social, and all around confident, isn't the best?"

You'll see, my friend.

"Hello there... Do you wanna..."

"Go to the cafe?"

"Exactly what I was thinking."

You see, it's accidental. People are just like "whoa! It's Glasie! She seems pretty cool! Maybe we can hang out?"

When Ace and I reached the cafe, another boy I knew from school was sitting at a table.

"Excuse me... Glasie... Gimme my boyfriend back!"

And that's when I flipped out. I noticed a candle in the corner and the fire just... Came to me. And without thinking, I was shooting fire out of my hands at Ace and the guy who was apparently his boyfriend. I don't ship it. I'm the one who deserves to break Ace's precious masculinity.

Then Strawberry burst in.

"GLASGOW ALEXANDRIA WEXLER!" She screeched and dragged me out.

"Sorry Strawbs! There was a guy... And things happened. I just wanted to break his precious masculinity."

You, my friend, are a raging asexual. And you have fire powers or something! Do it again!"

"Back at your house."

"Alright."

A few minutes later I was sitting in Strawb's backyard with a lit candle.

"Shoot it at something." She suggested.

Once again, the fire was drawn to me. I shot it at a tree and it exploded into a little harmless fireball.

This could not end well.

*1 week later*
Strawbs: concert's in a week!
Glasie: YES YES!!
Strawbs: wanna hang around the concert center?
Glasie: yeah yeah yeah!!

The boys usually hung around wherever they were playing for a little while. Don't ask how I know this.

A few minutes later, Strawberry showed up at my house.

"Come on Glasie! The boys need us!" Strawberry laughed.

"Be cool." I fixed my makeup quickly.

"How do you even manage to do that?! My wings look like... ARMS!"

"Well, I learned from the best! It's all about how much you WANT to destroy people's egos." I usually never wear makeup, but this was a special occasion, and YouTube has treated me well for the past few years.

I swear I'm not mean.

"You want to date one of the boys?!"

"I mean, age range! And we're headed off to college in a couple months! There's so much opportunity!"

"Yes, we're 18 and Alex is 21... Nick is 18.. and Paul is 18... Bob... I don't even know. 17? And we don't have to worry about college guys. Or girls."

"That's a lot of research. How long did you spend on their wikis?"

"I think we're ready." Strawberry said in her super sweet kindergarten teacher voice.

"Let's go then!"

I was pumped. So pumped. I was going to meet my favorite people ever! Yes, the people I cried over for months! And then hated for a while! And then cried over again!

"Strawberry, we're going to meet Franz Ferdinand! Today!" I was definitely not paying attention to where I was going on a deserted street with only a few people walking around. I was basically doing a dance routine. Strawberry called me "a complete child" a few times, but that doesn't matter. For what was going to be my final performance so Strawberry wouldn't slap me, I twirled around and did a fantastic leap around what I planned to be a random tree, but there was someone on the other side of the tree- and I landed right in his arms.

"CRAP! Sorry-"

"No, it's fine. This would make a nice fan picture."

"Wait- Alex?!"

"Yes."

"I did not intend on meeting you like this."

"Oh... Same here."

Alex awkwardly put me down.

"My name's Glasgow... And that's Strawberry." I looked over at Strawberry who was laughing at me like I was a complete child. According to her I was.

"You're like a franz ferdinand reference!"

"Everyone tells me that."

"Oh! By the way, did you happen to see Nick anywhere?! I haven't seen him in hours!" Alex laughed.

"No, but I'll keep a lookout!"

"Here's my number. Text me if you see him."

I put Alex's number in my phone, said a quick goodbye, and ran over to Strawberry.

"GLAS! YOU GOT A BAND MEMBER'S NUMBER! AND WE HAVE A MISSION!" She cheered.

"We have to find Nick. Now." I said determinedly and started walking down the street.

"I think it was the eyeliner that got him."

"Stop being so shallow, Strawberry. We're gonna find Nicholas Augustine McCarthy, and we're gonna pretend that the entire tree thing never happened."