3

GLASIE'S POV

"STAGE LEFT!" Strawberry called.

I raced across the stage as murderous directioners hissed at me.

Paul attempted to slide in like he was in an action movie, but failed miserably and slammed into me.

"Nice going, NOW LETS FIND NICK AND GET OUT!" I swung around the back of the stage and sifted through age old instruments and wires. I tripped over one of the wires, triggering a tuba to crash down from the ceiling, and then I heard a loud thump.

"Found him." I nodded and found Nick tied up backstage.

"Come on, get to the bus!" Alex flung Nick over his shoulder and led us all back across the stage, where one direction was performing in various tones of pre pubescent screeches.

"We gotta get out of here." Alex ran out of the back door.

The Franz Ferdinand tour bus was just a badly renovated RV.

"It's not much... But check inside." Bob suggested.

I opened the door to find a couch, tv, bathroom, microwave, mini fridge, table, and 4 beds. My backpack and Strawberry's were on the table. I have no clue what Strawbs brought, but no doubt we'd be sharing everything at some point.

"You ready to go?" Alex asked.

"Yes! Where we headed?"

"First stop with you guys: Indianapolis!"

"Isn't that city super boring?" Strawberry asked.

And we were off.

It was around 6 PM and we had made no progress. We were barely out of West Virginia and Indiana was oh so very far away... And we had to bunk up tonight. Alex had been driving for 6 hours straight and was a complete mess.

"Out of gas." He shrugged and pulled into a gas station.

"Wanna play truth or dare?" Strawberry asked as she made pop tarts in the toaster.

"Sure!" I laughed.

"Alright! Who starts?!" Paul cheered.

"Well ya sorta just asked... TRUTH OR DARE!"

"DARE!" Paul made a brave decision asking Strawberry for a dare.

"I dare you to go outside and lick the bus. Go all out. Make out with it." Strawberry challenged.

"I'll do it!" Paul ran outside and we watched as he made out with the bus.

Then Alex approached from the gas station store and almost completely lost it.

"What the--"

"I CAN EXPLAIN." Paul said frantically.

Nick and Bob were laughing at them like complete children. Paul clambered in the bus and decided to hide under the table in complete shame. Alex followed him in.

"Okay-- What the hell was going on out there?!" He asked.

"Many things..." Strawberry said suspiciously.

"We were playing truth or dare." Nick was still laughing.

"Yes, nice, I'm not driving." Alex said, unbelievably flustered.

"We have to get out of here before Ace and his crew find us. Someone drive because I don't exactly feel like it right now."

Bob death stared me and slowly, silently raised his hand. "I volunteer as tribute."

A few hours later, we reached Indianapolis.

"Have fun at the concert! Strawbs and I will stay here."

"See you in a few hours, then we can leave for Chicago because we're a bit off track."

For the next 2 hours, Strawberry and I played Geometry Dash and watched Mall Cop on netflix. Because that's just how we roll.

The boys got back in the bus too early. Much too early.

"There was another note. He's following us!" Bob said in a panic.

"Relax, you got me here? What could possibly go wrong?"

"Yeah, you're right, 'fire girl.'" Alex laughed.

"Who wants to drive?" I asked.

"Strawberry is the next victim... MUAHAHA!" Paul laughed.

"Fine, but I'm driving to a Waffle House and ditching you!" She smirked and started driving away from Indianapolis. It should only take around 3 hours to get to Chicago, but once we hit hour 3, we were in the complete middle of nowhere.

"Strawberry... Where did you drive us exactly?" Nick asked.

"I have no clue."

"Doesn't look like there's anything around here..." It appeared that we were somewhere in the Midwest. It was just... Fields. So many fields. Corn everywhere.

"Is anyone's cell service working?" Paul asked.

"What, you wanna check your Instagram?" Bob smirked.

"No, we could get on google maps!"

"Sorry, no one has service out here." I said as I gathered everyone's phones to see that everyone had zero bars.

"And we're out of gas." Strawberry hissed.

My hands were heating up.

"CRAP CRAP CRAP! WHO HAS THE MICROWAVE ON?!"

"What does that have to do with anything?!"

And then I set the bus on fire.

"Alright we have 30 seconds to get out of here. Grab what you need." I slung my backpack over my shoulder and quickly left the bus.

"COME ON GET OUT OF THERE!" Strawberry called as she ran out of the bus.

Alex and Bob followed her.

"Nick and Paul are fighting over the pop tarts." He laughed.

"THIS IS NOT THE TIME!"

Nick and Paul ran out with the box of pop tarts just before the bus exploded.

"Badasses don't look back at explosions." Nick smirked.

"Now what?! We'll never make it to Chicago in time!"

"Calm yourself, Bob! We'll find a hotel, or a little old lady's house..." Alex smiled.

"Dude I just exploded our tour bus. Stop being so... Optimistic." I rolled my eyes and looked around.

At least we would have a never ending supply of fields. It was 3 AM, and at this rate we wouldn't make it to Chicago on time. Or ever. Alex and Strawberry were trying to be logical, Paul was eating pop tarts--

POP TARTS?! Hold on, that's the only food we have left--

"PAUL! WHY ARE YOU EATING THE LAST FOOD WE HAVE LEFT!" I screeched.

"Calm down, Glasie! We'll only be out here for like, 2 hours." He shrugged and continued eating a pop tart.

Luckily, my hands didn't heat up. Which was actually kind of terrible since we were in the middle of nowhere.

"I have my guitar! We could sell it-- or I could play it for money!" Nick always had somewhat stupid but also great ideas.

"We gotta make fake names. Start a new life." Bob said jokingly. Nick started to get a bit mad at him.

"Will people know who we are?" Alex asked.

"Depends, out here it's mostly just crappy country music." Strawberry shrugged.

"How about we just walk a bit?" I suggested.

But there were only fields.