9

GLASIE'S POV:

"There meatballs are fake." Strawberry said as she determinedly examined a party platter meatball.

"Yeah well I don't care." Paul smirked and continued eating mini meatballs.

"VEGGIE BALLS!" Strawberry laughed and ended up flinging the veggie ball across the room.

**GROUP CHAT**
//NICK//: Rowan said u could come
//GLASIE//: ok
//ALEX//: they bringing a helicopter again lmao
//NICK//: probably bc it's like 2000 miles away
//GLASIE//: it go fast??
//NICK//: I think idk I was out for like 8 hours yesterday
//GLASIE//: oooo
//NICK//: Rowan's flying that thing apparently
//ALEX//: sure when she b here
//NICK//: idk

I looked up from my phone to see a helicopter outside the window.

"Hop in!" A fox girl called from the helicopter.

I stepped through the open window and Alex followed me. I quickly sat in the helicopter. Alex had the front seat. He was older, anyway and a ton more mature than I am.

"So you're Rowan?" Alex asked.

"Yes. I'm assuming you're Alex and Glasgow?"

"Yep." I shrugged.

"We're flying fast. Close the doors and get ready. 200 MPH!"

"It'll take a while to get there." Alex observed.

"Yeah." Rowan took off.

"0 to 100 REAL FAST!" Rowan laughed and dipped down towards the city.

//ALEX//: NICK WHO IS THIS
//NICK//: bro it's Rowan she isn't tying to kill u
//GLASIE//: THEN EXPLAIN WHAT IS HAPPENING

Rowan did a full 360 and started flying at a more normal rate away from the city. Alex looked back at me and did that face that just said what-the-heck-are-we-doing-here-but-we-can't-leave.

"So you know about Ace and Ryan?" Rowan asked after a few minutes of silence and violent texting.

"Yeah, they sorta--"

//ALEX//: GLAS SHUT UP

"--Made a goat documentary that I enjoy."

"Ooh! I love Minerals!" Rowan laughed.

"Yeah I like the part where there are goats." Alex played along fine but seemed very confused.

"Oh cool, we're almost there!" Rowan dipped the helicopter down again, cackling like the crazy daredevil she is. We could be best friends.

"LANDING PAD!" She shouted and skidded the helicopter to the ground, barely skimming the landing pad.

"Thanks!" Alex smiled and quickly left the helicopter.

"Where ya going? I'm taking you to see your friend!" Rowan laughed.

I followed her to the hospital, which reflected some light even at this time of night. Alex walked directly next to me, constantly looking up and back down again.

"What, you think I'll end up dating Nick?!" I laughed.

"No! Nothing like that! I just... The messenger..."

"I know I have to choose someone. I wish all of you could just come along..." I sighed.

"Who knows if you're even the messenger? It could be A&R!"

"True."

I followed Rowan down a long hallway.

"Room # # #! Byee!" Rowan left and we entered Nick's room. A goat documentary was playing for background noise or something. At first I couldn't tell he was even in there, all I heard was whirring inside of machines and a little heart monitor beeping. But then I realized I could hear amplified breathing throughout the room.