Chapter 13

"Kiki, to do the Tospin you have to, brush up and over the top of the tennis ball to generate a spin," I said in sign language before picking up the tennis ball with my foot and the racquet.

Once I had the ball in my hands, I spun the ball with my hand to show the movement the ball had to do when she hit it.

"See, look at my position and hands," I said slowly so she could read my lips because I had my hands busy. 

I hit the ball to show her the Tospin.

 "It allows you to hit the ball more aggressively," I explained. 

She nodded and I went to the other side of the court. 

"Let's try again," I said in sign language. 

We got into position and we started to play tennis again. Yes, today I woke up earlier than normal, to come and play tennis with Kiki, who has been asking me since she started tennis classes.

Luckily, I had to go and practice at 9 am, so instead of sleeping till 8 am, we woke up at 6 am and we came here to play some tennis.

"Excellent," I said when Kiki accomplished the tennis shot "One more time," I said, before wrapping up this class "Great, let's go is almost 8:20 a.m. and your tutoring starts at 9 a.m.," I said collecting our things. 

"Thank you for doing this for me, unnie," she said in sign language and I smiled softly.

"No problem Kiki. I loved playing tennis with you again," I replied in the same way, before putting the things in the trunk. 

"Me too. I really missed these moments. I remember how much I wanted to play tennis for you and to make you proud," she moved her hands. 

We got inside my car, we put our seatbelts on and I looked at her with softened eyes.

"There's no need for that. I'll always be proud of you little one," I replied, before starting the engine and driving back to my home "You've become an amazing young lady and whatever you decide to do. I'll always support you and of course, I'll always be proud of you," I said in sign language. 

We got out and Kiki ran to me to hug me. I hugged her back kissing the top of her head motherly. 

"I love you, Y/N unnie," she said in sign language. 

I smiled broadly and hugged her tightly. Kiki rested her head on my chest.

"I love you too, Kiki," I spoke up so she can feel the vibrations of my voice.

We went upstairs to my apartment so we could both freshen up before continuing with our routines.

I was with a Nike sports bra and some running leggings, meaning that I was showing my torso because I had taken out my crop top due to how much I was sweating and I didn't want to get it wet, I had to use it for the whole day. I wouldn't change my outfit because I knew I would sweat again, so the easy way was to just take out my shirt and I did. 

We took out our shoes, we put aside the racquets and we went to the kitchen to drink some more water.  We began to have a chat till I heard a noise coming from the bedrooms. I was fanning myself to dry the drops of wetness around my body. Kwan left for her room to take a shower, leaving me alone in the kitchen. I turned around to grab a protein bar from one of the shelves.

"Good morning kiddo," I heard Joy say, her footsteps were getting near to where I was "Good mor-... Oh my god," she said when I turned around to greet her.